Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my friend is pulling out his stock Twin Turbos off his supra for a new setup and is giving me his old TT's, side intercoolers, manifolds, pips and hoses. I've read up on the issues that people have getting these in to our IS300s. I was hoping you guys had some ideas on what I can do with these things to give me some boost. Anything would be nice. Don’t need two turbos don’t need super boost, any boost without too much risk on the motor is good for me. Sick of filling my NOS up. Ideas? Flames?

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,619 Posts
MrAnderson said:
I dont think you'll be able to use any of it :-?

he's right...the stock supra twins won't fit...i think the major thing was the ABS and some other junk under our hood...

don't even think about the intercooler...

if it did fit, i'd have my supra's parts in there already and a single in my supra... :p

sorry we had to burst your bubble dude... :oops:

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
Vandalizer7 said:
I've read up on the issues that people have getting these in to our IS300s.
Where?
To my knowledge, no one has even tried doing the TT swap into the IS.

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
- he forgot to mention, he is getting the motor as well :crazy:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well it was worth a try asking. ahhh what a waist of free shit. Thanks guys. I never said anyone tried to put them in, I read that the abs and shit would be in the way if you did try to to the full tt. I wanted to know if any of the parts could be salvaged. Guess not. thanks guys

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
GTE had the full GTE block/head swap including TTs in his car for a while before swapping to a single.

·
Registered
997 Posts
yes, sell them on e-bay...you'll be able to pull in enough cash to pay for the future turbo install :D

·
Registered
195 Posts
You can use the turbos but you have to get a custom exaust manifold made and then get all of the tubing for routing it. I know plenty of people that have done it on other cars. 300zx stock turbo on a miata (and it's like the hardest stock turbo to use because of the oil lines), stock eclipse turbo on a civic and what not. So do some fabrication.

·
Registered
198 Posts
wasnt there a thread saying that the GTE head can bolt up to the GE block. if so then if he gets a GTE head and bolts it on...then can he make use of the TT setup?....just curious?

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
Intensive IS300 said:
wasnt there a thread saying that the GTE head can bolt up to the GE block. if so then if he gets a GTE head and bolts it on...then can he make use of the TT setup?....just curious?
thats correct....but its still not as easy as it sounds..... :crazy:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Okay, I;m willing to look into having the manifold made to fit the turbos or even one turbo would be good enough. If I can have one made. What other issues do I have to take into account to make this work. Would it be possable for a shop to fabricate the mounting plate onto the stock headers for the turbo?

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
Vandalizer7 said:
Okay, I;m willing to look into having the manifold made to fit the turbos or even one turbo would be good enough. If I can have one made. What other issues do I have to take into account to make this work. Would it be possable for a shop to fabricate the mounting plate onto the stock headers for the turbo?
seriously...dont waste your time....

its really complicated to form your own turbo kit.....just look at what the tuner's offer......

however, if you do go the route your considering....remember there are many other parts involved...you dont just slap a turbo on a manifold and then drive.... :lol:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
all understood.....bet I;ll get bit in the ass if I go forward with my attempt to boost. But it dont hurt to look into it a bit more. =P

1 - 17 of 17 Posts