Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. Welcome me to the owners' club. I got both the car and the price I was promised. The car is great and I absolutely love it. What pisses me off though is that Edmunds now lists at 7.5 second for 0-60. Oh, well I am driving like a grandma now anyway and will continue until I hit 1000 miles.

Btw, after much thought, I did go with the 17"s

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Prof,

Silver. I absolutely love it. I told you you had to wait to get my price
Actually, the guy at the dealership was VERY nice. He even called me today to make sure I got home OK from PA

My only problem with the car is- I don't know where to put the radar detector. The navi tray eats up way too much space and I don't want to stick the detector on the windshield (can't take it off quickly if you get pulled over

·
Registered
95 Posts
Congratulations!!

I should be getting mine in next couple of days or so. Silver too

Question for you guys. I know you are supposed to use the car with care until break-in to protect engine. But what possible problems will happen if you don't? I don't think I will be able to resist flooring the pedal when I finally get my car.
How can you be not attempted?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My dealer told me that the car did not need a break-in. I will probably still be careful until about 1K miles.

·
Registered
323 Posts
i guess think long term. if you want your car to maintain a longer lifespan anf free from trouble, i think you can do without flooring it for the first 1000 miles. it's all a mental challenge.

mike

·
Registered
666 Posts
dealer told me the same thing....
but I still drove carefully the first 1000 miles.

ok maybe not the first 1000 miles...I couldn't resist hitting on it. I started aggresive driving by around 800 miles.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess he may have been joking. He told me that for the money I paid I can probably soon save up and get a new car

·
Registered
306 Posts
Welcome to Club IS!
Just keep it below 4k RPM and don't stay at one speed for a long time. That first one is tough - I think I accidentally went past 4k a couple of times already.

·
Registered
571 Posts
isn't the break in period neccessary for your brakes and transmission (especially your clutch if 5spd). Will not breaking it in result to much brake fade and clutch wear, among other things?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Every system when new does require a break-in period for better fitting of parts, therefore longer lasting AND at the same time provides much better performance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts