Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a car show today and these two guys were looking at my car and commenting on how nice and expensive it looked. I didn't think anything of it at the time. About a half-hour later I left the show to grab a bite to eat. I get down the block at a stop sign. The car in front of me starts to make a right turn at the T-intersection. I pull up and stop at the sign, look to my left to check for oncomming traffic and start to pull out. It turns out that the car in front of me suddenly stopped in the middle of the intersection and I rear-ended him going maybe...2-3mph tops. It turns out that it is the same two guys from the car show.

I got out of my car and walked up to them. I asked if they were ok and that I was sorry about bumping them. They wouldn't talk to me or look at me at all. They just sat there and starred straight ahead. The cops came and all of a sudden they started complaining about neck and back injuries! They wouldn't get out of the car either. They got taken to the hospital on stretchers. They caused a scene and two ambulances, a fire truck, and 3-4 cop cars showed up.

All this for a little bump. My front liscence plate is bent and I have a few scratches and a small dent the size of a silver dollar on my car and their car was pretty much undamaged except for a part of the rear bumper got pulled up but can be fixed by hand by bending it back down (it was made of plastic and was not scratched or broken).

I have a feeling that they stopped short on purpose in order to claim injuries and get money out of me.

Officer gave me a warning.

Here are some pics of the damage:

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/687000-687999/687226_15_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/687000-687999/687226_16_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/687000-687999/687226_17_full.jpg

·
Registered
512 Posts
ooo that doesnt sound to good man

·
Premium Member
23,115 Posts
On stretchers? What a bunch of BS. They are going to be looking for a hand out so they can rice out their cavalier. Sorry man keep us posted.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, neck braces, back braces, machinery to monitor vital signs, the works! I don't know what the hell is going on.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
so wheres the damage? ahah..thats such BS dude....theres like no cracks or anything....suffering huge injuries from a 2 mile an hour bump? man...the pics speak for themselves...i bet people driving by seeing all the ambulances and what not were like "wtf??" when they saw 2 perfectly fine cars in the middle of the intersection...

good luck bro...you got an excuse to get aftermarket now on the front bumper...and theirs looks like it could be fixed with a little push...

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I'm gonna get an aftermarket bumper now. Maybe L-Tuned or L-Sportline.

In any event, even if they don't persue the whole "oh my neck hurts I'm sueing, blah blah" They are def. gonna put in a claim for the bumper and the bills for the trip to the Hospital and x-rays and shit....

So, there goes my insurance and most likely my car anyway because it's not in my name, it's in my dad's for business reasons.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
don't worry, total BS! They prob saw your car behind them and decided to stop and get money out of you considering what they said earlier about your car.

*Lets get hit and fake shit because he has this nice expensive car, he must be loaded*

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
mmm now i want a carputer... build in a cam in front and back... keeps daily 24 hr monitor of videofootage... if u get in accident ull have proof.. itd be a lot easier for po/insurance/yourself...

that sucks man... Best of Luck with things..

·
Registered
989 Posts
if insurance favor them, make sure you beat the crap out of them for what they will recieve. hate people like that.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
youll have their info... u know where they live... get revenge :]

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Extortion sucks ass.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Would this qualify as extortion? I thought that was like blackmail or something?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Holy crap! the exact same thing happened to me 4 months ago. Rolling bump with my foot still on the brakes, dented only my license plate against their trailer hitch (didn't touch their bumper). Took 10 weeks for Allstate to finally say they are not paying out, that they were faking it. My premiums still more than doubled.

-psyrex

·
Registered
589 Posts
Don't worry nothing will happen. The only thing that will happen is that those two kids will be like black listed for insurance fraud. Because at the hospital they are gonna find out that everything is okay with them and that they should stfu. They are just lil bitches

·
Premium Member
7,315 Posts
FourT6and2 said:
Would this qualify as extortion? I thought that was like blackmail or something?
This sounds more like a scam....

BTW, sorry to hear about your mishap. A-holes like that is the reason why we have to apy skyhigh insurance premiums.

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
METEORO said:
This sounds more like a scam....

BTW, sorry to hear about your mishap. A-holes like that is the reason why we have to apy skyhigh insurance premiums.
That's what I posted on #7. They cased him out first and most likely waited for him to leave and they left a few second ahead of him and the rest is history.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts