Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
damm it! as i was backing out in a parking lot today, someone else backed up too and we both hit each other from the back. my back bumper on driver side is fucked up. his car (old accord) is barely even damaged! well anyway, i came out saying its his fault, and he said its my fault. i got 3 people riding in my car that can be my witness, and after a while, his 2 friends came over and said they saw what happened and they are witnesses (which i think is bullshit). anyway, any help yall can give me to win over the insurance companies? i think it should be his fault, because if my damage is on the side, then that means i cut my wheels first to turn and back out. am i right? help!!

·
11,054 Posts
Parking lot = private property (no help from police)
Both in reverse gear? ....I bet the insurance companies blame it on both of you and you have to fix your own car... It's your word against his.

·
8,827 Posts
Take it to PeopleCourt or something along those lines.
It will be very entertaining, especially with so many witnesses.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
more than likely the insurance company will do a 50/50 at fault claim. you'll be paying the deductable though to get it fixed. but if its just your back bumper,and your deductable is $500 or more, then go get it fixed without the insurance company. it will be less than $500.

good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.