Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 5-speed, with stock suspension, and of course no LSD - yet! Had sways put on soft-f, soft-r. Still trying to kill the original tires, then i am going to BFG KDW2s in 225/45z17. Like them alot. After getting the new tires and getting a feel for them, will likely go to firm in front. At lower speeds the car seems to have a little lean still in front, but at higher speeds it really flattens out. The rear holds on real well, and seems to almost pivot on the back tires around a tight fast turn - no sliding (I likee). Suspension does feel a bit more firm when not cornering, but not much. Did notice that when accelerating around corners hard, I do not loose as near as much traction at the rear.
Looking forward to the new tires and the LSD (auto carrier).

Entropy

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Try the front at stiff, leaving the rear at soft. I think you'll find better balance there.

·
Banned
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Install was $50 and took 30 min.
I am seriously thinking on going stiff up front.

Entropy

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
entropy said:

Entropy
Fkn a dude, i got charged 3x that for my install. ^^

Yeah stiff up front will be good. Around long sweepers on the street, you don't want the rear end coming around.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Lex_Dymndz said:
its a total DIY. but $50 aint too bad.
but yeah. i run stiff/stiff. it rocks.
Have u ever felt like the rear end will come out on you with it at full stiff in the rear like that? I adjusted my rear tokico shocks to make them even softer after a hard twisties session. Car feels much more planted now.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
i run stiff/ stiff on my sways and stiffest/ stiffest on my JICs.
im dumped on 19x8 and 19x8.5 with falken azenis st-115s.
its pretty hard to be to break it loose, but when i do...
it gets SCARY!
i think its a combo of how low my car is, how heavy the wheels are, and how sticky the rubber is that keeps me planted.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Lex_Dymndz said:
i run stiff/ stiff on my sways and stiffest/ stiffest on my JICs.
im dumped on 19x8 and 19x8.5 with falken azenis st-115s.
its pretty hard to be to break it loose, but when i do...
it gets SCARY!
i think its a combo of how low my car is, how heavy the wheels are, and how sticky the rubber is that keeps me planted.
Damn i can't imagine how that would ride?! Crazy :cool:

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
_DAG_ said:
Damn i can't imagine how that would ride?! Crazy :cool:
its definitely an acquired taste.
i dont mind it.
but i have to run stiffest because if i dont, i would KILL my front fenders on hard turning.
edit... already cracked my front pass. :(

·
Banned
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did a bonzai run over Angeles Crest HWY to Angeles Forest HWY. May speed limit is 45mph. Did most of it at 60 including the 25-30 turns. Car was great. I am definately going stiff up front and cannot wait to get the wider tires. That will definately be the sweet spot. Used the brakes very little, just puched the car into the turn and accelerated out. Kind of cheating, because I can be on either road and no what spot I am at with my eyes closed. Hit three digits on O.C. - Portolla. Nothing to good, just the 1 and the two 00's. My mom got a kick out of it. It was her B-Day and kinda of her suggestion. She thought we were only doing 80. I told her "you said if you are gonna do it do it here and now". She not really admitting to that though - even with a funny smile on her face. She used to have a Porsche, so I do not believe her because she got away with doin 100 3X and did not get a ticket because of her age.

Entropy

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Kick ass. I wanna get a set.

·
Registered
502 Posts
entropy said:

Entropy
Entropy, I am thinking about heading over to LMW and have them work on my suspension as well in the near future. How was your experience with them? Did you notice any noise from the sway bar installation? Did you have any other suspension plan in the future? Sorry for the barrage of questions. Hope to hear from you.

·
Registered
502 Posts
entropy said:

Entropy
Entropy, I am thinking about heading over to LMW and have them work on my suspension as well in the near future. How was your experience with them? Did you notice any noise from the sway bar installation? Did you have any other suspension plan in the future? Sorry for the barrage of questions. Hope to hear from you.

·
Banned
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lmw

Derrickonis300 said:
They are great! No noise at all from the bars. Thinking about adding
bilsteins - coils overs are a bit much and Id rather put the $ into LSD.

Entropy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts