Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
14,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because a few of us have noticed gap on the dashboard, we've decided to start a specific thread to those, please post your observations and any pictures. Some may say we're being overly picky, but this IS Lexus and it wasn't uncostly! Let's keep tabs on this so if we go to the dealer we'll be armed with info.

·
Registered
200 Posts
yup i've noticed on the left side of the center console where the vinyl meats the plastic there is a larger gap than on the other side... also my rear bumper doesnt really match the paint of the rest of the car

·
Registered
12 Posts
I too am in the same boat so to speak. There is a gap on the left side of the center console where the dash meets the NAV cover. Looks like I am posting this a few months after the others.. Were you able to get the issue resolved?

·
Registered
12 Posts
flyfl1pguy99 said:
I need to check on that gap if there is any. . .
Great. Keep us posted. I will be taking mine in Aug 15 to have them "fix" it (hopefully). I'll post before and after shots as that date gets closer and arrives.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Not sure gonna have to check it out, but does neone have a really annoying noise coming from the dashboard wen u hit bumps!?

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
TOOK MINE TO THE DEALER they ended up putting thin foam all around and it mostly fixed the sharp cracking sound from the dash

·
Registered
32 Posts
anyone else have a slight random creaking noise that comes from the drivers B pillar/seatbelt area?? I can always hear it from my left ear and can never pin down the exact location. Also anyone have the 3rd brakelight cover squeak and rattle when you have the stereo semi loud?

·
Registered
423 Posts
I got a gap between the dash and my Navy system as well, I'ma take it in soon to get it fixed along with my maintance check.. -_-

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not sure gonna have to check it out, but does neone have a really annoying noise coming from the dashboard wen u hit bumps!?
I DO!
just after 3 weeks of purchase it started. I took it in and they fixed it, but the fixed lasted about 3 months. Now it is back; not as bad but it is there.
I took the car back and since the rattle happens in really bad and hard road they couldn't "find it"

·
Registered
1 Posts
Annoying cracking noise in the dash

Mine is a 07 Starfire pearl IS 250. I am currently experiencing that cracking noise from the dash, specially when I use the car after it has been under direct sun for a while. As temperature lowers with the AC on, so the cracks, but are always present. I talked to the dealer about it and they told me I was the first customer bringing up the issue. I will bring the car to the dealer for diagnosis and warranty repair, and it seems that there is a potential prod-mod coming from Lexus related to this matter.

·
Registered
692 Posts
i bought an 08 awd in nov and only have liek 1500 mile son it and im experiecnin the damn cracking noise its so annoying. imgoign tot eh dealer ship 12/19 so hopefully it'll be fixed

·
Registered
83 Posts
i never had that cracking noise in my car but rattles started occurring. so the other day i brought it in to have the rattles fixed which the dealer says it's fixed (not that i've had time to pick it up yet). but i've got a loaner vehicle that does have that cracking noise and it's utterly the most annoying sound ever.

almost all of these problems should be covered under warranty so if anyone has large gaps in the dash or cracking noises, the warranty covers it.

·
Registered
7,236 Posts
are these gaps only on the Navi? can some of yal post some pics... i also can't stand the "cracking" noise... as someone said in an earlier post... it happens when the car sits in the sun and then starts to cool down as the A/C runs

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
also my rear bumper doesnt really match the paint of the rest of the car
This is on every car. Any make model, on any dealership. I sell Hondas and noticed this as well. Looking further into it. Because the bumpers are made of plastic, and the hood, fenders, etc are all metal. They are going to be very very close. But not perfect. It is usually noticeable on white colored cars.
It takes bright sunlight and a close eye. But if you look, you'll notice a very slight difference. Again this is most noticeable, or only ever noticeable on 'white' colored cars.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've experience the cracking noise from the dash. The sound is like a stone when it hits your windshield. My car is a 2009 and of course the service rep claims he's never heard of this issue before. I'll be taking it in for repair ASAP cause that noise is irritating.

·
Geezer
52,611 Posts
There have been lots of cases of that noise. Some hear it often and some, like me, only hear it once in a while. Sometimes it gets fixed ok and sometimes not. I think they remove part of the dash and put tome padding in a certain area.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts