Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got pulled over by highway patrol today for my front turn signals being blue and then he also gave me one for the the front plate being removed. The funny think is that I wasn't even using my blinkers when he pulled me over. He just saw the reflection from them being blue. Damn it! Anyways, just thought I'd let you guys know..later.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its just a fixit ticket which means i fixit back to normal and then go show them that its fixed and they remove the ticket from my record....i think if they catch you a 2nd time for the same violation then there are big fines....but not sure cause ive never been caught twice for something....

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
I got pulled over once for no front plate, at that time he was nice enough to walk around the car, 8 tickets later i was told to have a nice night, sometimes popo can be diks, but we do need them !

·
Registered
113 Posts
Oh no, there are fine on fix ticket due to the new law now. They called it processing fee. I just had to pay $87 for front tint window fix ticket. Damm it...

·
Registered
40 Posts
i'm i just lucky or what? some how after i got the IS
(traded in '99 GS3:eek
, i see so many cops beside me
. although i have my front windows tinted a little bit and have clear blinkers (which as all of u guys know, they appear blue when not blinking) and no front license plate (although the holes are covered they're noticeable), i haven't got pulled over once. i don't try to avoid getting a ticket by rolling down the windows either. as a matter of fact, i got pulled over by this pig on a bike who was comming in the opposite direction. he gave me a ticket for not having my seatbelts on
! maybe that (seatbelts) was all he was looking for, but he didn't even mention the obvious missing front license plate or the front tints or the clear blinkers.
but anyway, to get to the question i wanted to ask, i thought it's okay to have clear blinkers in the front. what's up with that?

·
Registered
113 Posts
No way, a friend of mine just got a seat belt ticket too. His fine came out to be more than $300 (new law). The worst part is this ticket will add 1 pt to his DMV record. Everything is so f*ckup now. Pig will try to make money from us as much as they can.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Hmm question here... Is a missing front plate illegal???? The dealer never put one on my car and the holes are still unpunched. I better not get a ticket for something the dealer f'ed up.
Sam

·
Registered
759 Posts
Front tag depends on where you live. Florida doesn't require front license plate but VA, MD, and the capitol of the US does! A friend of mine was fined a fix-it-ticket and a $50 fine for the license plate missing, but then again, we were late at night at the illegal street races and the cops KNEW that. VA law states that front can only have white, amber/yellow lights while the rear can only have amber/yellow and red lights. Thus leads me to believe that clear turn signals up front is legal but the blue bulb is NOT! I have clear signals in my Prelude and have the stock blub and have not been pulled over once for them. When you put those ricey blue bulbs in your light sockets, you'er just askin for trouble.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Originally posted by jamest_corvel:
No way, a friend of mine just got a seat belt ticket too. His fine came out to be more than $300 (new law). The worst part is this ticket will add 1 pt to his DMV record. Everything is so f*ckup now. Pig will try to make money from us as much as they can.
whaat??
i got pulled over a month ago and i got the letter in the mail. my bail amount is only $22. since i had the belt on when the pig was actually behind me to pull me over, i thought about pleading 'not guilty', but having found out seatbelt tickets don't effect my insurance (very reliable source=very close friend=insurance agent), i decided not to waste my time going to court and ****. i think maybe your friend has A LOT of tickets (i have few myself) or it's not his first time with the same offense, cuz i see that you also live in CA.
anyway, as i said before, i have the ricey (blue) bulbs in all four corners and i've made turns (twice so far), with the blinkers on, right infront of pigs but haven't got pulled over. i guess i'm just really lucky or the pigs in L.A. are lazy or you unlucky guys just happened to get pulled over by assholes who have nothing better to do.
anywayz, later

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This cop was very young and said he just moved here from LA so I think he's trying to run up his violation count to get under the chiefs belt or something.... I am wondering if I just replace the top 2 turn signal lights on each side in the front it will pass when I bring it down and show them. I wonder if they'll notice I didn't change all 4 because its just a pain in the ass to take off the bumper to change the others ya know. What happens if you get stopped again for the same fixit violation. Is it just another fixit ticket or do they fine you heavy! ????

·
Registered
23 Posts
CA law officially states that a front plate is required when 'two plates are provided', but not when 'one plate is provided'.......i dont know how the hell that works.....but perhaps you could say you only got one from the DMV......who knows

·
Registered
8 Posts
Only one cop up here really cares about the front tag but he told me as long as it can be seen from front of car it was of (he was cussin at me and all), so I put it in my window and then they see me the other night (when I was on my way to the E.R. with 103-104 temp.) they see me pull over to ask my friend to take me cause I could hardly drive and then the cops told everyone to leave, got on there microphone and to ME to leave while I was walking/wobbling
to my car and followed me out pulled me over, searched me to my socks and all of my car, called me a dope head
, all while I telling them I need to go to the E.R., the cop that told me I could put it in my window then told me I could not and gave me a ticket so I had to wait until later that night to go to the E.R.!!! So next time I see him im going to ask if he likes holding up stops signs

1 - 15 of 15 Posts