Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dealership is Longo Lexus in Elmonte, S. California.

First of all let me say this.

3 weeks ago I went for my 10k service and asked to adjust my headlights. After 3 hours of waiting I figure the headlights were adjusted along with my 10k service. To my surprise they weren't. So I checked my receipt and it stated that the headlights were normal. Let me tell ya headlight beam that does not shine farther than 3 car length is not normal. Well not in my book anyway.

Ok, I made an appointment to do the update along with headlight adjustment and they accepted me. I was pretty excited about this thing finally getting addressed. So I'm sitting there chatting with the service consultant. Telling him the problems we have with the hesitation and trac control. He said they have to be very careful on doing the update because once they flash it they can't go back to the previous state. I'm thinking to myself, why would I want to go back to to that problem? And I also asked the guy, why didn't you adjust the headlights last time? He said they go by the adjustment level in the suspension and it was normal and they would not adjust it unless it was not normal. My reaction was, oookkaaayy... That was a lame answer. So I requested for them to at least look at it again.

So I gave them my car for the whole day. And when I called for pick up, the service consultant said, the head tech test drove my car and found no problems. He drove my car and a new car and found no prolems. He also rechecked the bulletin and rendered my car to be normal. But they adjusted my headlights this time!!!!

Hmmmmm, WTF? I was really disappointed. I felt like yelling at the service guy but I realized it was not his fault. Whoever worked on my car is a dumbass. I'm going to make another appointment at another dealership.

If you're going to Longo Lexus to do any service, make sure they are going to do it. They just might shine you off saying it's normal.

[ May 18, 2001: Message edited by: dph ]

·
Registered
21,494 Posts
Did you ask them to check your VIN number against the service bulletin to see if your car qualified for the ECU and/or TRAC update?

I went in to my dealership yesterday and they showed me the bulletin. There are specific VIN numbers that qualify for each update and if yours is within that range, there should be no questions asked as far as I'm concerned.

You need to press them for more information about why they are denying you the update.

BTW, my dealership made an appointment for me and ordered the new TRAC unit and I have an appointment to get it fixed next Wednesday.

I hope they work with you to get this taken care of.

[ May 18, 2001: Message edited by: is300girl ]

·
Registered
41 Posts
dang i went to longo lexus too. my upgrade is still "pending from the factory". i hope they don't screw me over

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by is300girl:
[QB]Did you ask them to check your VIN number against the service bulletin to see if your car qualified for the ECU and/or TRAC update?QB]
Ok, I just checked my VIN. And I'm qualified for the upgrade.

They just told me that they could not reproduce the problems. I travel 30 miles to get my car serviced at their great facility and all I get is bs. I figured they wasted enough of my time so I'm going to report them to Lexus.

·
Registered
921 Posts
If you go to Longo, talk to Perry Rhoeder. He does all my service and does a really great job. He even drives a tuned GS4 and is pretty up to date on the IS mods.
He installed my SRT intake too.

·
Registered
68 Posts
lexusluthor,

I spoke to Perry @ Longo Lexus today. I mentioned that I know about the ECU problem and I told him that my VIN is in the group that requires the update. I told him I have the number in front of me and stuff.

He simply said, "Yeah, those numbers are nice, and went on to imply that I won't get anywhere with that alone. He told me when I bring my car in, they'd need to test drive it to see if the car really has that problem.

I then asked him why would they want to testdrive it even though Lexus said my car needs to be upgraded. He said, "Cause Lexus said so." Basically I'd have to bring my car in, see if I need the upgrade. If I do need the upgrade, I'd have to wait for them to order it, but no guarantees. There's nothing I hate more than "sure... but no guarantees."

At that point, I called Lexus of Westminster . The lady with whom I talked to looked at my records, got her service consultant on conference call, ordered the replacement ECU, and scheduled me to come in. All in 5 minutes.

What I don't understand is how certain dealers have different approaches to this problem. They KNOW there's a problem with the car, and they all act differently.

BTW, I bought the car at Longo. If I do get another Lexus, my business goes to Westminster... at least while that lady is still there =)

Maybe Perry was just having a bad day. Happens to be best of us. Then again, I talked to many dealers, and the majority of them were making the problem more complicated than it should be.

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
I was at longo and they gave me the same BS about the ECU. I think you have the right to complaint to Lexus. That is the only way we can get better service next time. I got screwed by them so bad that I don't even want to think about it....

·
Registered
148 Posts
Originally posted by dph:
[QB]Ok, I just checked my VIN. And I'm qualified for the upgrade.

How did you check the VIN? What did you check that number against? I'd like to check mine as well. My upgrade is going to be done next FRI. (25th) and I want to make sure they aren't going to try and SCREW me.

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Originally posted by xsn2k:
and longo lexus is supposed to be the best dealer in so. cal.

what a disappointment.
Probably the best dealership in So.Cal. if you're wearing expensive clothes and your car is an LS not an IS

I hate getting the 2nd rate customer treatment... I'm no longer getting service done at the dealership that I bought at because they suck.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Originally posted by Chad:
Ok So. Cal ppl. Where is the best dealer that u took the car in for services so far? Input Input....
Check this thread.....
I don't agree that Tustin Lexus Sucks......
If you want hook ups go to Tustin Lexus.
I've already been given a free front passenger front seat that I ruined and they replaced and the front A arm that sits above the tweeter on the driver side (my brother was smoking and burned the cloth lining) Robert Ambrose is the man to talk to at Tustin Lexus and hooks up anything you want or need. http://www.is300.net/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=006907

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by YELLLEX:
How did you check the VIN? What did you check that number against? I'd like to check mine as well.
Here is the information Mo from SRT posted:

MORE IMPORTANT INFORMATION!!

The ECU reprogram update affects all IS300s whose VIN number is LOWER/BEFORE 10025186

The TRAC ECU replacement affects all IS300s whose VIN number is LOWER/BEFORE 10029014

These is no specific Manufacture date but VIN number verification.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Lexus Santa Monica baby! They are awesome. The technicians are smart and no bullsh!t. And they can actually replicate problems. They are FULLY aware of the hesitation problem too.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
They may be limited to how many cars they can fix right now (due to limits on how many trac ECUs the factory will ship them). Rather than tell everyone "sorry we already picked 5 people to upgrade this week" they give you some "weird" answer which they hope will make you go away and not "bother" them right now.

If your VIN is in the range, you experience the problem and want the fix then (by all means) call around to different dealerships until you find one that is able to help you out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts