Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everything is running well and this shop installed the S/C cleaner than the last. They also informed me that I had several leaks around my intercooler piping and especially at the back of the Vortech where the IC piping starts. It actually blew right off the back during a dyno run. You can definitly tell a huge difference in performance. I am not supposed to go past 5k rpm's until a larger 7th fuel injector comes in next week. They wanted to change all the injectors out but apparently that would not be compatable with the emanage? They said with the larger fuel pump, injector, and fuel pressure regulator I SHOULD be safe. New dyno numbers as tested were 360 at the crank and they claim with the fuel situation resolved and a bigger intercooler 400 is possible. They did say it would require a different pulley and head gasket. I have not actually seen the dyno graph since I picked it up at 9:00 p.m. but once the new injector is in we will do RWHP #'s. I was fair warned to expect more problems down the road with FI as if I didn't already know. The shop did say that this was the first and last time they'll be springing for a new engine. Everyone has to sign a waiver of liability before they put anything near the dyno.
out :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,416 Posts
Glad you got the car back and everything is running well!

One thing that concerns me is the piping leaks. Whoever you bought the kit from needs to make sure that the piping fits better than that. Blowing piping off the S/C is not a good thing.

One other thing, why were they quoting crank hp if they had a dyno? What rwhp did you dyno at? Did they dyno the car past 5k? If not, there is likely more hp than they quoted you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,545 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,962 Posts
AC556k said:
Yea, got the TRD gauge with the help of wxman :) and bought Kanes Omori gauges :) . I will still probably get the wide band as well.
Glad to hear you're up and running Dean.

Did you get that software from PLP yet to increase the injector pulse width on the 7th injector? From what Mike wrote, you should be able to compensate the lean condition by tuning the AIC and it should dump a bit more fuel in. At least that was my understanding. It's a 1000cc injector, that's pretty damn big!
The higher pressure pump and regulator will certainly help you out at WOT, although you will be running pretty rich at idle since the emanage does NOT control the stock injectors.

The gauges should go out tomorrow Dean. I'll be sure to get them to you quickly. It's a fuggin mess up here with the ice and slush all over the place. Not fun coming into work today with all the SUV's lining the roads in the ditch cause they think they're super-cool. :roll:

G'luck with the new motor, and YES, buy a wideband!


Kane
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,962 Posts
AC556k said:
Wait, is this different from the Greddy emangage software and cable? :-?
Yes, it's different. It's software to control the Split Second AIC. You should be able to hook it up to a laptop via serial cable. You have to take the cover off the Split Second controller to get to the serial port.

I believe Mike posted that info in your "Engine is fucked" thread :wink: .

Contact Mike and he'll send it right out. Mofoninja should be getting his soon and we'll be hitting the dyno.

Kane
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,239 Posts
Wxman said:
Glad you got the car back and everything is running well!

One thing that concerns me is the piping leaks. Whoever you bought the kit from needs to make sure that the piping fits better than that. Blowing piping off the S/C is not a good thing.

One other thing, why were they quoting crank hp if they had a dyno? What rwhp did you dyno at? Did they dyno the car past 5k? If not, there is likely more hp than they quoted you.
the pipe blowing off is because mike hasn't made the right coupler for the back of the s/c yet...so there's no "right part" for it out there.

and i was quite curious about why you were quoting crank hp too...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,196 Posts
So quick to take a jab, the elbows have been in for awhile now!

lilaznboi said:
Wxman said:
Glad you got the car back and everything is running well!

One thing that concerns me is the piping leaks. Whoever you bought the kit from needs to make sure that the piping fits better than that. Blowing piping off the S/C is not a good thing.

One other thing, why were they quoting crank hp if they had a dyno? What rwhp did you dyno at? Did they dyno the car past 5k? If not, there is likely more hp than they quoted you.
the pipe blowing off is because mike hasn't made the right coupler for the back of the s/c yet...so there's no "right part" for it out there.

and i was quite curious about why you were quoting crank hp too...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I don't dyno they do and when they gave me a figure of 360 :eek: I didn't think that could possibly be RWHP. Maybe I am incorrect as I ASSUMED and didn't ask. I would be very impressed with that kind of RWHP if it didn't blow up on me again :pissed: .
Dean
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,239 Posts
IS Pilot said:
So quick to take a jab, the elbows have been in for awhile now!

lilaznboi said:
Wxman said:
Glad you got the car back and everything is running well!

One thing that concerns me is the piping leaks. Whoever you bought the kit from needs to make sure that the piping fits better than that. Blowing piping off the S/C is not a good thing.

One other thing, why were they quoting crank hp if they had a dyno? What rwhp did you dyno at? Did they dyno the car past 5k? If not, there is likely more hp than they quoted you.
the pipe blowing off is because mike hasn't made the right coupler for the back of the s/c yet...so there's no "right part" for it out there.

and i was quite curious about why you were quoting crank hp too...

then how come his IC pipe blew off?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,196 Posts
?? Maybe the shop forgot to tighten his hose clamps, it happens.

lilaznboi said:
IS Pilot said:
So quick to take a jab, the elbows have been in for awhile now!

lilaznboi said:
Wxman said:
Glad you got the car back and everything is running well!

One thing that concerns me is the piping leaks. Whoever you bought the kit from needs to make sure that the piping fits better than that. Blowing piping off the S/C is not a good thing.

One other thing, why were they quoting crank hp if they had a dyno? What rwhp did you dyno at? Did they dyno the car past 5k? If not, there is likely more hp than they quoted you.
the pipe blowing off is because mike hasn't made the right coupler for the back of the s/c yet...so there's no "right part" for it out there.

and i was quite curious about why you were quoting crank hp too...

then how come his IC pipe blew off?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
903 Posts
Hey have a 3mm headgasket. Hit me a PM if you're interested in buying it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,196 Posts
3mm will lower the compression to much for 1bar, 1.8mm-2mm will work perfect.
Mike
goldaltezza808 said:
Hey have a 3mm headgasket. Hit me a PM if you're interested in buying it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,416 Posts
IS Pilot said:
3mm will lower the compression to much for 1bar, 1.8mm-2mm will work perfect.
Mike
goldaltezza808 said:
Hey have a 3mm headgasket. Hit me a PM if you're interested in buying it
I am confused what you are saying. Are you saying that a 3mm headgasket spacer will lower the compression too far if you are running 1 bar of boost?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,196 Posts
Yes, although it would work but effectively loose power and drivability if you are only boosting 1 bar and not beyond.
Mike

Wxman said:
IS Pilot said:
3mm will lower the compression to much for 1bar, 1.8mm-2mm will work perfect.
Mike
goldaltezza808 said:
Hey have a 3mm headgasket. Hit me a PM if you're interested in buying it
I am confused what you are saying. Are you saying that a 3mm headgasket spacer will lower the compression too far if you are running 1 bar of boost?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,416 Posts
IS Pilot said:
Yes, although it would work but effectively loose power and drivability if you are only boosting 1 bar and not beyond.
Mike

Wxman said:
IS Pilot said:
3mm will lower the compression to much for 1bar, 1.8mm-2mm will work perfect.
Mike
goldaltezza808 said:
Hey have a 3mm headgasket. Hit me a PM if you're interested in buying it
I am confused what you are saying. Are you saying that a 3mm headgasket spacer will lower the compression too far if you are running 1 bar of boost?
Mike, I am sorry. I have never posted a thing in any of your threads, but you are flat out spreading lies now. Dude, I have had a 3mm headgasket spacer in my car for a year and a half. Have you ever seen my dynos? My car is full boost at 3800 rpm. I produce 450 rwhp at 14 psi. I produce over 400 rwtq at 3800 rpm. Please do not make statements that are blatant lies because you don't sell a 3mm headgasket spacer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,498 Posts
Wxman said:
IS Pilot said:
Yes, although it would work but effectively loose power and drivability if you are only boosting 1 bar and not beyond.
Mike

Wxman said:
IS Pilot said:
3mm will lower the compression to much for 1bar, 1.8mm-2mm will work perfect.
Mike
goldaltezza808 said:
Hey have a 3mm headgasket. Hit me a PM if you're interested in buying it
I am confused what you are saying. Are you saying that a 3mm headgasket spacer will lower the compression too far if you are running 1 bar of boost?
Mike, I am sorry. I have never posted a thing in any of your threads, but you are flat out spreading lies now. Dude, I have had a 3mm headgasket spacer in my car for a year and a half. Have you ever seen my dynos? My car is full boost at 3800 rpm. I produce 450 rwhp at 14 psi. I produce over 400 rwtq at 3800 rpm. Please do not make statements that are blatant lies because you don't sell a 3mm headgasket spacer.
maybe he's saying that you would get more then 450 rwhp if you went with a 2mm head gasket? i dunno, just trying to figure this out
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top