Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, after a few delays(10 days), i finnally have my car back. the 5 coats of clear really did a good job, its impossible to describe how shinny it is. my question how long before i zaino to keep it shiny? i have heard at least 3 weeks, 6 weeks, 3 months.

does anyone stock wald flares?

and are the TRD racing seats leather?

btw... my car is nearly done, just a few more mods. once its done, there will either be shots of it in the snow during the winter or at the edge af a cliff next summer. just hold tight.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
I have always been told to wait at least 6 weeks before waxing or polishing. You have to let the paint set. After 6 weeks you should be fine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,661 Posts
howabout some damn pics already?!?!

you talk a big game about your paint job, etc..

I think I speak for everyone when I ask:

LETS SEE SOME PICS and back it all up!

thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
god dammit!!! how many times do i have to say it?

NO PICS UNTIL I AM DONE!!!!!!!


JUST STICK TIGHT
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,661 Posts
SeXiLeXi said:
god dammit!!! how many times do i have to say it?

NO PICS UNTIL I AM DONE!!!!!!!


JUST STICK TIGHT
that sucks....

your no fun!!!!!!!

just take a damn pic already....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,890 Posts
The longer you wait, the better. You have to let the paint cure and that can take up to a few months. I would say at least 8 weeks and park your car in the sun to cure the paint.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
52,610 Posts
I waited 3 months to wax my Firebird after it was painted. It cures from the inside out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh and i forgot to say that i have a total of 10(!!!!!) coats of paint on the car not counting its previous color of TCM. the coats are: black base, 3 coats 24k gold, translucent garnet red, 5 coats of clear. good thing i didnt go with the extra miniflake coat and 2 more coats of clear.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,585 Posts
stick said:
The longer you wait, the better. You have to let the paint cure and that can take up to a few months. I would say at least 8 weeks and park your car in the sun to cure the paint.

DONT park it in the sun. That will do nothing for the paint to cure. Time is all it needs. 3 months is plenty of time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,898 Posts
SeXiLeXi said:
oh and i forgot to say that i have a total of 10(!!!!!) coats of paint on the car not counting its previous color of TCM. the coats are: black base, 3 coats 24k gold, translucent garnet red, 5 coats of clear. good thing i didnt go with the extra miniflake coat and 2 more coats of clear.

:roll: :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,661 Posts


seriously, this is so :boring:

just take a digital pic already and show us what it looks like right now...most of us are just curious, and doesnt matter if its not completely finished...show us how far you have come from changing it from TCM to the Red!!!!!
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top