Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found the perfect IS for me. 25,000 miles , Navigation, Black, All Leather, 02............. only issue, dealer wants 28,800 ........ which is ridicilous.......... i know blue book on it says 26,500 for it here in washington........... i was approved for 20,000 and i got 5 thousand in cash........... what points should i bring up to the dealer, what should my orignial offer be? I think this can be done right, you guys were saying you can get an 02 for 20,000, i know it has low miles and navigation, but 28,000 thats crazy! I would really like to have this one! any tips, or suggestions please! Wantin to join the IS FAM here hopefully by the weekend! :cool:

·
Registered
170 Posts
In my experience, you need to sweat them out. Its usually not up to the salesman anyway, some back office thing...when this figure makes his way out its a good thing. They are going to try every trick in the book, but just keep holding out. Ultimately though, you need to be ready to walk out, and twice in my life the dealer has dropped their pants as I was leaving, I even had a friend get in his car and drive away and the salesman called him on his cell phone and told him to come back. They lose money everyday that car sits on the lot, they want you to buy right then and there its just to see how much they can get out of you, I wouldnt even tell them how much you had to spend at first. Just ask him, whats the best you can do and then take things from there. I almost have fun doing it, its comical to me.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I think you could probably find a better deal than that. Keep looking on ebay and autotrader etc etc....at least get an idea of what they are selling for. PM me if you like and I will try to help with some info I used when I bought my 02 IS a few months back.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
the hell with that, you can pretty much get a newer model less miles for that price! a good is3 runs like lower than 20k now! If you wait till october you can prob get a cheaper price because the new body style is coming out meaning the price will drop on the current is3. =) hope that helps

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Hole In ONe said:
I found the perfect IS for me. 25,000 miles , Navigation, Black, All Leather, 02............. only issue, dealer wants 28,800 ........ which is ridicilous.......... i know blue book on it says 26,500 for it here in washington........... i was approved for 20,000 and i got 5 thousand in cash........... what points should i bring up to the dealer, what should my orignial offer be? I think this can be done right, you guys were saying you can get an 02 for 20,000, i know it has low miles and navigation, but 28,000 thats crazy! I would really like to have this one! any tips, or suggestions please! Wantin to join the IS FAM here hopefully by the weekend! :cool:
check the "Marketplace" Section of this forum, you can find good deals on IS's there. I just saw one, 2002, 5-speed, loaded with Navi with like 58K miles for like $19,500.
thats right in your price range.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts