Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok get this. I was at the hang out spot in my town around the movie theaters and so on but i was driving around with some buds and passed a few cops. I was driving very slowly at the time but they still gave me dirty looks. About 20 min later me and a few buds went over to the bank parking lot and my friend decided to try to peel out his benz and made some noise. He comes up next to me and was joking around saying like "come on man, lets go" so i of course played along and rev'ed my engine a few times. Within 40 seconds two cruisers pull up and give me a tickit for "reckless driving" I was like, wtf??? Maybe they heard my friend screachin his wheels but they didnt see me doing anything but rev'ing. It was 135 bucks and this one is going to court for sure. These cops have no life.

·
8,880 Posts
That's crazy. Wow. The F&F movie didn't do us any good, 'cause every cop is out on the lookout for the street racers.
I was stopped once for "screeching tires while driving sideways." That was close to the downtown area, where there's a lot of turns. And believe me, I was revving my engine to high heaven. After I denied doing any of the above mentioned activity, the cop told me to get very slowly to where it is I was going and that next time he'll give me a ticket.

·
Registered
231 Posts
the screaming tires is what may have done it. purposely spinning the wheels is illegal in most places and can warrant a wreckless driving ticket. however, in some jurisdictions there is actually a charge called "demonstration of acceleration." bascially it just means that you can't make noise with the wheels for the sake of making noise with the wheels.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
see i would understand if he actually saw me screachin my wheels but in all actuality it was my friend doing it in his car. The cop just tried to be a dick coming up and immediatly pointing at me, with no proof.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
can i give you a spelling "ticket" and not for "screeching" your wheels ?

·
8,880 Posts
LOL

Originally posted by IS300GTE:
can i give you a spelling "ticket" and not for "screeching" your wheels ?
I prefer to stay ticket-free.
Once again, I have no recollection of any type of "screeching."

·
11,061 Posts
I'd fight that one tooth and nail. Gather your witnesses. Unless there's some kind of NOISE ordinance there...

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
cops are losers man... well not all of them but the majority.... sum guy pulled me over and told me to pop my hood, one told i was speeding when i wasnt ( swear to god ), anoher accused me of being a trouble maker, etc.... cops should rott in hell....

·
Registered
759 Posts
Your friend is an idiot! You should have been, "its him, feel how hot his tires are" and see the look on his face! Hahah, he's an idiot, he deserves it!

·
Registered
36 Posts
If he/you were peeling on the Bank parking lot, just go and get the ticket dismissed.
Bank parking is private land and traffic laws do not apply.

·
Registered
142 Posts
make sure you take the ticket to court. I dont mean contest it or anything, just dont pay it early. When cops have to go to court its overtime, and if the cop doesnt show up there is no ticket. ALso if he goes, he will be wanting to get out of there as fast as possible, so be all apologetic and what not and talk to him, and maybe he'll drop the ticket. One of my friends pulled this off, maybe you can too.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
wrong, police have domain over private property generally used by the public, and that includes banks, malls, department stores, movie parking lots and parking lots in general.

Originally posted by West:
If he/you were peeling on the Bank parking lot, just go and get the ticket dismissed.
Bank parking is private land and traffic laws do not apply.

·
Registered
36 Posts
That's fine, they can have the domain. It's just that private properly is not considered "public street" because it's not "public".
If you commit a murder on public property, it's a crime. But traffic rule per say, do not extend beyond "public streets" owned by the state. If that bank wants to press charges, that is another story.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
you think thats bad... a cop on the pike tried to give me a ticket for my headlights... he told me that they were blue and illegal... this was in front of an atm... he had already pulled someone else over...right by the atm...i pulled up next to them..to use the atm... after i got my money... and was about to sit down in my car... he approached me with all this attitude.. and after he told me my headlights were illegal i laughed in his face... and said..sir, this isn't a honda... nothing against hondas.. but he assumed it was... he made an ass out of himself..right in front of his partner.. once he found out it was a Lex... and felt like a dumbass..he had to find something wrong with my car... he then pointed to my suspension saying it wasn't stock..and there was no travel in it... he got me there... but eventually let me go... cuz it was too much of a hastle to run my **** since i had out of state plates...out of state license..etc..etc...

fight it sam..and good luck

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
you're not listening. it doesn't matter if the bank owns it, or if santa claus owns it, if it. if it is considered property generally used by the public , like a bank or mall property for instance, traffic citations can be legally issued, and the town, county, state and federal law enforcement all have the ability to patrol and issue citations. now if it was at your house, or on your lawn, or at someone elses house or lawn or whatever, (something not generally used by the public) the owner of the property would have to press charges.

Originally posted by West:
That's fine, they can have the domain. It's just that private properly is not considered "public street" because it's not "public".
If you commit a murder on public property, it's a crime. But traffic rule per say, do not extend beyond "public streets" owned by the state. If that bank wants to press charges, that is another story.

·
Registered
12 Posts
In some states, I think that there is a "Vehicle Exhibitionism" statute which prevents this sort of behavior, even on private property. Go figure.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
be careful ..
my friend was driving his boxster and got an "ACCESIVE ACCERATION TICKET"
basically he was side by side with a cop at a red light and punched it up to 35mph..(speed limit) and then he stopped at that speed..
the cop pulled us over and gave him the ticket saying that he accerated TOO HARD and that he was driving wreckless and this and that...
what do u guys think of that?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts