Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, I am a new member. Planning on getting a is350. But the price on the luxury package and ML is just crazy. I have done some research but couldn't find any answers.

With non luxury package Is350 be able to play DVD? (NO ML System)
If it doesn't work, is there a unit I can purchase to play DVD? Such as nav2go unit for BMW,Acuras, etc. which lets you have a jack to connect for a dvd player. Yes I know it will be a pain in the ass. But with the MSRP on the is350 + luxury package. Prices will be in the 45k. My limit is probably 42k and then hopefully I will get 3k off the window price. Thanks

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
hi, I am a new member. Planning on getting a is350. But the price on the luxury package and ML is just crazy. I have done some research but couldn't find any answers.

With non luxury package Is350 be able to play DVD? (NO ML System)
If it doesn't work, is there a unit I can purchase to play DVD? Such as nav2go unit for BMW,Acuras, etc. which lets you have a jack to connect for a dvd player. Yes I know it will be a pain in the ass. But with the MSRP on the is350 + luxury package. Prices will be in the 45k. My limit is probably 42k and then hopefully I will get 3k off the window price. Thanks
The ONLY Lexus option on the 2IS that comes with a DVD player is the Mark Levinson -with- navigation. (it's available without nav for only $940 MSRP, but still only plays CDs).

Note the factory ML/Nav system will not play (video) DVDs while the car is in motiion unless you hack the wiring.

You can certainly get something in the aftermarket to play DVDs if you don't mind taking your dash apart and hacking into wiring as well.

Added note- the Luxury package has nothing to do with the stereo/nav options whatsoever. Stereo/nav are standalone options not part of any other package. Lux covers a bunch of other stuff (seats, wipers, lights, interior trim, mirrors, etc).

For stereo nav you have 4 options:

Nothing- ie the factory stereo- plays CDs, no screen, 6 CD changer in dash, 13 speakers.

ML- Mark Levinson, no navigation- $940 MSRP, 6 disc CD changer, but you get 14 speakers, 300 watts of power, and significantly better sound.

Nav- Navigation system- includes nav, bluetooth, backup camera... this is around $2500 but does NOTHING to change your stereo system from the basic system (ie still a 13 speaker 6 disc CD system). Note it also does a lot less than most $300 aftermarket navs available today.

ML plus Nav- A $4000 option that does both what the ML and the Nav options do, plus it swaps the 6-disc CD changer for a 6-disc DVD changer, so you can play DVD-A discs (if you actually have any) and you can watch movies while in park (or moving if you hack the wiring). Again the actual nav features are less than available on a $300 aftermarket system though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts