1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
cant see the pic.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
holy balls, what is that a picture of? are you installing an SRT? their directions are tricky because they have a (2001+ diagram) and a (2002 diagram).... the 2002 diagram is actually what an 03 car will use.

Either way, 12V power will be a red wire in the ECU. MUCH thicker than the others. Probably twice as thick.

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
davefisher said:
Either way, 12V power will be a red wire in the ECU. MUCH thicker than the others. Probably twice as thick.

There are multiple "power" wires.
They're not all red. They're not all a thicker gauge.

Kenji, if I were you, I'd so a search for SRT or SAFC installation instructions. You'll find your wire in there.

·
Registered
740 Posts
This is for the +12V that SRT uses on model '02 & '03:

Standing on the driver side of car facing the ECU box
The 1st connector from the left
The bottom row of pins
Pin #2 from the right.
Color is red/brown. Size 16AWG (fat one).

Disclaimer: I'm not liable if you blow it up :D .

·
Registered
210 Posts
kenji0104,
i installed my s-afc using IS300GTE's instruction for the 2002. and his did show the 4th pin in your picture that you have linked in this post. I connect my +12v s-afc wire on this 4th pin and found no power. (mined you i have an 2003 not a 2002). so i grabbed my voltmeter and found it to be the 3rd wire. sorry for not mentioning this to you earlier. probe it out if you have a voltmeter.

and i'm not bashing -gte's instructions, for i couldn't of installed my s-afc with out them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.