Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here it is....

Also coming this October to Japan (suprise suprise) is the new "Altezza R"

"The type R is a souped-up version of Toyotas phenomenally popular Altezza, their best selling rear-wheel drive saloon in recent history. To be introduced in Japan in October 2000, it will have a 250-hp straight-6 cylinder engine with Toyotas VVT technology. The R is intended to crown the Altezzas success and as a belated response to Subaru Imprezas and Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution's, a task it will more than handle when it eventually receives an intended 280-bhp engine."

Another little interesting Toyota that might come here if the Echo does good (which it's not) is the WiLL. And you thought the Echo was funky...

[This message has been edited by Omni (edited September 24, 2000).]

·
2,909 Posts
Probably the best looking wagon I ever laid my eyes on!!!

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Wow, is this for real or just a rumor (made up pictures).
If this info is authentic, they must bring these versions to the US.
I'd be the first on the list for a type R, and the wagon looks great too.
Please build these Lexus!!!

black/ivory
17"

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I would not say that the Altezza Wagon or Altezza-R info is yet "official". Yes, there is a strong Altezza wagon RUMOR, but I don't think that it is confirmed.

As far as I know, the Altezza Type-R is basically going to be the IS300 (but sold in Japan). Currenlty they don't get the 3 liter i6 in any of their Altezza models.

That supposed Altezza-R pic is (as far as I know) a picture of a modified Altezza that has been floating around the net for a while.

I have a much bigger version here: http://teg.net/cars/altezzars.jpg

It has the same sort of "treatment" as this Impreza: http://teg.net/cars/imprezars.jpg

That "Will VI" silly-car is somewhat of a retro abomination. I guess it would be a "new beetle" competitor if they sold it here...

You can find WiLL VI info here: http://www.vvcnet.com/WiLL-Vi/TOP/menu.html

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Don't forget guys, the IS300 is under Lexus and not Toyota......chances of getting different variations of the IS300 may be quite slim.

I do agree that the Altezza wagon looks very nice.....probably much better than most of the wagons on the NA turf so far.....

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Hey!! There may BE a chance the 2002 IS will come with a 250 hp I-6 engine......

The 2001 LS430 has better performance and better gas mileage than the current IS I-6.....Never know, it's a distinct possibility........Yeah!!!!! Then it's well worth my wait!!!!!

Just like the first generation ES.....one year and they switched to the bigger (and better) ES.....

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
The Sultan of Brunei has several of them, I believe...along with sedan versions of the 550 Maranello.

Originally posted by mrclam:
nothing beats the ferarri wagon that the king of sudan had custom made
Also, is it just me, or does that "Altezza-R" look like a tuner version similar to something found in the HyperRev book?

Unless I see an actual press release, I will consider all this stuff as rumors.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Originally posted by kota:
That honor goes to the Audi RS4 IMO.

i agreee with kota here.

and there are also rumors that the RS4 or S4 Avant will hit US shores. with 280bhp, not the 360 bhp that they offer in germany.

------------------
IS 300 ???
Not yet, but maybe soon....

1995 Ford Contour Zetec GL -- Modded

http://www.contour.org

·
Registered
92 Posts
IMO that ALTEZZA looks a lot like a nissan skyline, dispite the fact that it has four doors. i wish they came off the dealership lot like that, but then that means there will be more than one on the road, oh well, id rather mine be unique.

·
Registered
50 Posts
This summer I visited my friends in Japan and a friend I know in has the Will. hehehe Its was interesting car! He had it in Mica Blue and the interior was all retro. The seats were black cloth with blue in the middle. There was alluminum on the dash and on the side panelling. Pretty cool.. hehehe

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
13 Participants
Timothy Coln
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing