Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 5 inch headrest LCD screen for christmas.

I want to return and get a 7 inch for that lint collector up on the front dash and connect it with a DVD player in the glove compartment.

Anyone know prices or companies who make a nice 7 or 6 something inch screen that I can mount to the lint collector?

I plan on drilling a small hole and feeding the wires right down into the stereo.

I need to make swivel mount also.

Help.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
SS, You mean something like this that Silver IS 300 has? Search under "DVD Navigation Pics" in the Int/Ext forum for more pics (or peel back the URL).

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I do. I'm not really into stereos and stuff...

This is what I'm looking for.
A nice screen that is fairly big...6-7-8 inches that has a swivel mount that I can quick release for when I park.

I want to be able to hook it up to a car DVD player. (I'm not sure what DVD/Navigation is...does it incorporate GPS?)

Also, I don't know how these systems use my existing stereo. I know there are some FM modulators that go through the radio but I'm not sure about the quality.

How do most devices use the existing stereo (I'm not planning on getting an aftermarket head unit)

I ALSO DO NOT WANT TO SPEND TOO MUCH. WAS PLANNING ON GETTING A MONITOR AND TUNER NOW...DVD LATER.

ADVICE PLEASE!!!!

·
$lores amongst us!
10,974 Posts
I would suggest that you go to a Car Toys or some other car electronics candy store. They can best advise you on your needs, cost and questions about DVD/GPS systems.

Please let me know what you find out. THANKS

1 - 4 of 4 Posts