Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so i searched and some ppl got someone elses car and just switched plates and took pictures. this still good to do? also, anyone know a officer that can write this off? thanks

i got a tint ticket.

so... i just got pulled over for tint again and no front plates, but i showed him my other tint ticket and he said ok so i got a ticket for no front plates...

2 tickets in 1 week... record for me.. least these are all fix it, doesnt effect my insurance! whew. but still a pain in the ass to have these...

Reactions: djmatrix

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
your boosting in "no-boost-land-slowcal" and all you got was a tint ticket!? :( lucky guy

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
your boosting in "no-boost-land-slowcal" and all you got was a tint ticket!? :( lucky guy
lol the officer said tint 1st then also said your exhaust is way to loud so your gonna get ticket for that then i was like oh shit.. now im screwed.... then he comes back saying ill give u a warning this time so heres only a tint ticket... wow im so lucky.

·
Registered
232 Posts
has anyone had a ticket for not having a front plate????

·
Registered
533 Posts
I don't know about up there but usually you'd have to get it signed off by an officer in person.. pictures won't do sh!t.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
we talked about this already. js take off your tint

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
we talked about this already. js take off your tint
thats the last thing i want to do. i was reading the ticket on the back and it said you can get it written off and send a picture by mail with the ticket and pay some filing fee.

·
Registered
747 Posts
hmm i got a fix it ticket before last year and i had to take it to get sign off. i didnt have my front plates also and the cop didnt want to sign it until i had my plates on too. so i did that and just had to pay like 10 bucks and thats it but few weeks ago i got another ticket for my windows again :(

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
I don't know about up there but usually you'd have to get it signed off by an officer in person.. pictures won't do sh!t.
yup... its a pain in the ass. at least for me i lost my front plate.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
i've only been questioned once about my tint by a cop.. and i replied to him " its tint done from the Lexus dealers :) " stupid sob believed me

legal tint ftw

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
thats the last thing i want to do. i was reading the ticket on the back and it said you can get it written off and send a picture by mail with the ticket and pay some filing fee.
ive been posting this but people dont listen. GO TO FOUNTAIN VALLEY PD and see if they will right off your tickets. most of the time the guys there dont care and dont even look at your car.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
i think you js got lucky personally. hahhahaa

ive been posting this but people dont listen. GO TO FOUNTAIN VALLEY PD and see if they will right off your tickets. most of the time the guys there dont care and dont even look at your car.

good way to represent UCI. hahaha

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Where did this happen? Somewhere near UCR I'm assuming?

BTW, are you the boosted BO I keep seeing? I think I saw you rolling down Linden (can't tell if you're coming from A&I or Pentland) at 9am last Wednesday.

·
Registered
232 Posts
here in reno even if you scrape the tine it still costs you like 95$ the courts and cops say they dont do fix it tickets.... as far as the front plate look up your state and city laws.... a new law i think early this yearwas passed i know in reno its like rmc.724.825 section 2 that states that if your vehicle was manufactured without an actual bracket (holes drilled in your front bumper doesnt count) it does not have to have a front plate ive already beat 2 cops in court with it
and from me... a guy with over 93 citations in the past 3 years probably 3 demerit points on my liscense and found guilty on like 5 of them its great to have more leverage

Reactions: lyk

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Where did this happen? Somewhere near UCR I'm assuming?

BTW, are you the boosted BO I keep seeing? I think I saw you rolling down Linden (can't tell if you're coming from A&I or Pentland) at 9am last Wednesday.
yup im the boosted bo on campus.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Would you really risk telling the cop you got something fixed for them just to come out see your car not fixed and who knows what the consequences are but shit are you serious?

·
Hello World
3,733 Posts
Usually, windows tinting attracts cops' attentions a lot, mostly exterior modifications ( i.e. excessive bodykit, tints, no front license plate, etc. ). Glad you got out of the exhaust ticket :) Hope everything goes well before Christmas. It does not feel great dealing with tickets over holidays

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Usually, windows tinting attracts cops' attentions a lot, mostly exterior modifications ( i.e. excessive bodykit, tints, no front license plate, etc. ). Glad you got out of the exhaust ticket :) Hope everything goes well before Christmas. It does not feel great dealing with tickets over holidays
to make it worse, i drove in 2 1/2 hr traffic, got off in irvine to go to my event, and im a block away.. then bam... cop.. worst day of my life.

Reactions: lyk

·
Registered
432 Posts
i've only been questioned once about my tint by a cop.. and i replied to him " its tint done from the Lexus dealers :) " stupid sob believed me

legal tint ftw
BWHAHAHA!!! That's what I say when people ask. I haven't had a ticket for the tint yet... but if I do I'll probably go in my "mad mode" and I'll buy new windows off of ebay, put them on my car and try to sue :pissed:

·
Registered
432 Posts
have never been pulled over for not having a front license plate either... I say theres no where to put it and I don' t know how >)

as far as the front plate look up your state and city laws.... a new law i think early this yearwas passed i know in reno its like rmc.724.825 section 2 that states that if your vehicle was manufactured without an actual bracket (holes drilled in your front bumper doesnt count) it does not have to have a front plate ive already beat 2 cops in court with it
and from me... a guy with over 93 citations in the past 3 years probably 3 demerit points on my liscense and found guilty on like 5 of them its great to have more leverage
LMAO1!!!! GREAT INFO DUDE! +rep I'll see if I have to have a front license

I'll +rep you too GenuineKid.. hopefully it'll make you so happy you will forget about the ticket XD

1 - 20 of 42 Posts