Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel bad for that guy, but he was staring at my IS300 while pulling to a red light and hit the car in front of him (nothing serious).
I love the attention!!!

black/ivory
17"

·
Registered
70 Posts
..(knock on wood)..

I've experienced that when I first got my 96 E320 (when they first came out, I had the first in the area I lived in). People then were just oggling at that four-eye treatment.

I was once making a left turn into a mall entrance. An old guy was making a right out of the entrance I was going into (make sense?). Well, when he spots me pulling in, he just stared widejawed at those headlamps (this was in broad daylight, not quite like deer mesmerized by oncoming headlights in the backroads). So he almost forgets to turn that steering wheel (and would have plowed right into me and my then-new vehicle).

Luckily I went in wide.. so that saved me.

..(knock on wood)..

Hey IS300 drivers, just stay alert and stay safe! (Did I just ad-lib a commercial?)

[This message has been edited by pokerFACE (edited September 29, 2000).]

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
nice looking car, but let's be real: it won't stop traffic. these days, most 911 turbos won't even do that.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Originally posted by geoff:
nice looking car, but let's be real: it won't stop traffic. these days, most 911 turbos won't even do that.
..obviously, the novelty (for lack of a better word) will wear out in about six months..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts