Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you guys know of any good tint shops in the Chicago area? I'm looking for a place that takes off the whole window instead of tinting them while they're on the car.

Thanks!

-David

·
Registered
69 Posts
are you going all the way around, or just the back..? I want to do mine, but I want the whole car...I just don't know how hard they enforce the tint laws in IL since it is illegal to have any tint on the drivers side window...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, I think it's illegal on both of the front windows, but it's not really enforced too much, at least not around me. I'm gonna go with all 4 doors and the rear, so yea, all around.

-David

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wanted to bring this back to the top. Mccarlin, where'd you get your tints done? How much? Yours look like exactly what I want to do. Thanks!!!

-David

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I got my tints done from Car boutique. but before you bash me from going there let me explain.

Car boutique doea not do the tints, they have a company come to their shop to do it. it comes with a lifetime warranty and they do good work! i got 20% tint all around and it cost about 325.00
I've gotten pulled over 2 times and got out of it both times...i have a SPECIAL letter that i use that will let me have tints.

PM me for more info on it!

later

Mike

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, let me ask you a question
Do they take off the window to do it? If not, I can have the same type of deal where I work, with a bit of a discount (Just over $200). I work at Abt, and they also have a great warranty on it and have another shop come in and do it. I was hoping to find a place where they take the whole window off..but here's a question for all, how important is that??

Thanks!!!

-David

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
the windows do not have to be removed, its not neccesary. I went with this place because they did the whole back window in ONE sheet, not 2 like some other places.
for 200 bucks get it down at abt

Hey bro, you work at ABT, i bought tons of stuff there, can you hook me up with any discounts.on car audio stuff!!! i have to ask

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll have to see. Maybe we can trick them into thinking that yours is my car. Just let me drive it over there one day.

-David

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
come on, cant you just buy stuff with your employee discount and say its for yourself...

i'll send you that TINT Letter i have

1 - 10 of 10 Posts