Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got some Headers, and an SRT Intake w/ecu that I need to get installed, and hopefully CDD removed also. Malek was my go-to guy, but now that hes not available, anyone have suggestions for somewhere to take it to, to get these installs done?

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
try calling dynamic autosports (949) 457-1234.
autoBUCKS, i mean autobacs is probably closer to you, but its pricey there.
i'd be willing to help if it was easier. i didnt install my header, but i have installed a header before (AE86), and i do my intake all the time (just no ECU). seeing how i have an abundance of free time let me know if you want to try to DIY. (all of those installs are DIY)

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
God damn phil, you are one helpful guy. Um, Ill give autobacs and dynamic autosports a call. As far as DIY installs, I am absolutely 0 help, took me 20 minutes to get my grill out, it was a struggle. Since you dont feel too comfortable about it, I don't mind throwing my money at someone at a shop to get it done.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Delta00 said:
God damn phil, you are one helpful guy. Um, Ill give autobacs and dynamic autosports a call. As far as DIY installs, I am absolutely 0 help, took me 20 minutes to get my grill out, it was a struggle. Since you dont feel too comfortable about it, I don't mind throwing my money at someone at a shop to get it done.
good choice. the physical install part is easy. the techincal part is uh, i just dont trust myself with a soldering iron. (for ecu and o2 sims)

if you want we can bolt on the parts and you could take it to them to get the o2 and ecu installed. car should run, it will just have a check engine light.

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
car with SRT pipe will not run without the ECU soddered in. If you give me about 2 weeks, i will have someone that will do the work for me on my behalf. He is trained by me, and I can periodically supervise him durring the work.

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
not much supervising needed to install headers and intake. but wiring is something you could supervise.

·
Registered
580 Posts
You can also try KAAZ (949) 631-0990. They have worked on a local ISs including mine. The shop is in Costa Mesa near Newport.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts