Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im new to the forum so whats goin on haha.......but ya i got a question wonderin if i could pick some brains.....basically battery died im ny 02 is300 asked for a jump dude threw the cables on backwardssssss had some blown fuses obviously but now it wont start and tac stays still while crankin it over so obviously there is still some electrical problem just wonderin if someone has some knowledge on this maybe a fusable link or something im missing thanks for the reading guys and any advice you might have

·
Registered
738 Posts
Probably several fuses are blown. Check both fuse boxes: 1 in engine bay and 1 in the side panel under the glove box.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
When something like this happens, check your throttle control fuse, abs, and alternator fuse. I'm not trying to scare you, but your ecu may be toast as well. You may also have melted some wires within the harness. It would suck if you had to replace your wiring harness throughout the car. That's some very time consuming stuff. Electrical problems is a pain to deal with.

Use my guide to replace the alternator and abs fuse, they are not normal fuses. http://my.is/forums/f138/tutorial-how-change-alternator-abs-fuses-405537/

·
Registered
238 Posts
this happend to me a few days ago. the jumper cable just got really got and i took it off real fast. But i dont think anything is wrong with my car, maybe i just got lucky. I do have an emanage ultimate and i guess it still is working condition.. but i guess ill have to see one day if anything is wrong. Wish the best of luck for you.

·
Blue Devil
3,658 Posts
YOU have this thing called a bus fuse. It should have blown before any of your other fuses did. If it did get through, then... just cross your fingers.
whats the "bus fuse"?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Do you get any dash lights or other ECU signs of life when you turn the ignition to the ON/start positions?

If not and you've checked/replaced all your other fuses in the dash panel and under the hood, then your shit is probably toa$t. I would recommend resetting the ECU and hoping for the best.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no ya i mean everything works in the car after i replaced a couple fuses like radio and navi. so it should b ok i just think there is something else behind it im gonna need to look into the codes more to see where they get there feed from im pretty sure a couple of the codes have to do with crank sensor and maf

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
does your check engine light come on when you put the key in and turn it to the on position. if not, you either fried the ground wire for them ecm, i woudl start checking all of the gournds, both on the intake manifold, under the car near the trans, and on the firewall. if they are all good, and still no check engine light when in on position, well, your ecm is gone buddy. sorry

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.