Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought everyone might like to know that I get pretty good mpg (about 23.5) since I switched to synthetic oil and use fuel injector cleaner (every 3000 miles) in mixed driving conditions. I live in the Washington D.C metropolitan area, so the flow is pretty bad with a lot of stop and go traffic during the week days. I got about 21 mpg before the switch over. What's everyone getting for their gas mileage?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm gettin ga whooping 15-16 mpg :..( no idea why only 1200 miles on the car and gas cost a grip here in san diego california... any suggestions??

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you keep the power button on and floor the accelerator everytime? That'll kill your gas mileage. I think you'll be able to get better mileage once you've driven the car after a while. I heard that the fuel economy is supposed to go up once the car is broken in.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
I get about 22 mpg and I do about 50/50 highway and city driving! I think that is pretty good. And yes the gas mileage gets better after about 1500 miles or so. My car went from 19 mpg when new compared to 22 with 3300 miles on it. Give it time and SLOW DOWN!! LOL just kidding

Mike

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am almost never on pwr mode and I never floor the car I just got outta the breakin period I would never do that to hurt my baby... at least not yet >

·
Registered
143 Posts
Originally posted by Crispy3:
I am almost never on pwr mode and I never floor the car I just got outta the breakin period I would never do that to hurt my baby... at least not yet >
I used to think just like you when I first bought my car !!!!! Oh well and the true is ---> 2 months later (now)...I found myself redline at third gear very often plus Traction control always off and Power button ON 24x7!!!!

Anyway, I still get about 18-20 MPG for driving it HARD (50% for both City and Highway)...Not sure if this is a good mileage or NOT ???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts