Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any honest dealers in the northern Virginia/DC area? I know some of you may think honest dealers is an oxymoron;-))

I got irritated shopping for a new IS 300 when the dealers kept telling me that they only made them with the colors & options they had on the lot. Then the next dealer would tell me the same thing about different colors & options.

·
Registered
78 Posts
nickg.va said:
Any honest dealers in the northern Virginia/DC area? I know some of you may think honest dealers is an oxymoron;-))

I got irritated shopping for a new IS 300 when the dealers kept telling me that they only made them with the colors & options they had on the lot. Then the next dealer would tell me the same thing about different colors & options.
I got mine from Pohanka Lexus in Chantilly. I had no problems with them but it might have been because I called them before hand to see if they had the car I wanted, and then set the price over the phone. When I went in, they didn't try to sell me anything else or change the price on me. My only complaint was that the financing people didn't tell me about a special rate for the IS at the time - and it was quite a signficant difference. But overall, the buying experience was good.

I now go to Lindsay Lexus in Alexandria for service and am very happy with them so far. I don't know what their sales department is like, but if it's like the service department, it should be good.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pohanka was one of the dealers telling me stories. They told me that Sportcross only comes with black interior, & Escaine is leather, also that the only colors that Sportcross is made in is GGP & silver, & you can't get a Sportcross with a limited slip differential - even on special order, oh and if I saw this car in any other color it must have been custom painted or had custom after-market interior! :pissed: :pissed:

How stupid do they think their potential customers are?
Oh, and this was by more than one salesman on multiple visits!

·
Registered
78 Posts
nickg.va said:
Pohanka was one of the dealers telling me stories. They told me that Sportcross only comes with black interior, & Escaine is leather, also that the only colors that Sportcross is made in is GGP & silver, & you can't get a Sportcross with a limited slip differential - even on special order, oh and if I saw this car in any other color it must have been custom painted or had custom after-market interior! :pissed: :pissed:

How stupid do they think their potential customers are?
Oh, and this was by more than one salesman on multiple visits!
No kidding? That would piss me off too.... escaine is leather? Ridiculous.
anyways, all I can suggest is to call up all the dealers in the area with exactly what you want and see if they have it in stock or will be getting one. Once you find one, try to settle the price with them on the phone as I did. But not all dealers may be willing to do that. My thinking is the less I have to say to a dealer, the better.
Perhaps the dealer was describing the sportcrosses they get, but still there's no excuse for lying and some of what you just relayed is pure BS. That's sad to hear.....
[/i]

·
Registered
275 Posts
I recommend Jeff Cook though he's cool... but Pohanka Lexus service trys to make up bullshit excuses not to get your shit fixed, like my friend just went in to get his PANIC button on his key fixed, and some headlight problem and they were trying to blame it on his aftermarket parts.. which are :

1) Injen Intake
2) A cargo net

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
I don't think any of the dealers in the area are stellar. I delt with Lindsay Lexus and Lexus of Silver spring the most and didn't like either of them really.... ESPECIALLY Silver Spring. I spoke to Lexus of Annapolis on the phone and they were awesome to me... they just didn't have the car I wanted.

I think I remember reading that Ray Catena Lexus up in NJ was treating their buyers well, so you might want to post on the North East member forum to see if anyone can confirm that. Might be worth the trip to get a great deal, and excellent service (only about a 3.5 hour drive). You can get service without a problem at ANY Lexus dealer.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
i bought my car from pohanka and it was a pretty straight forward deal, i just had to wait 3 months for my car to be shipped

i think their service dept. is outstanding, they always take care of me and their waiting room is awesome

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Inochi3 said:
i think their service dept. is outstanding, they always take care of me and their waiting room is awesome
I agree!!! They have this awesome fridge w/all the different sodas u can drink! I bought my car from Lindsay Lexus instead of Pohanka (they kept asking me to come in rather then doing business over the phone). At Lindsay, they asked what they can do for me to drive out that night. I told them how much I was putting down & what monthly payments I wanted and they said "done".

Service at both have been excellent (so far). Lindsay has Enterprise Rental in house.

If you're interested in a purchase, I'll hook you up w/my salesperson. Just PM me.

·
Registered
78 Posts
geniusgza said:
i'm at pohanka right now getting my oil changed, they were awesome to me, i recommend Jeff Cook
Yes, Pohanka has a nice waiting area, but for my 15K service, they quoted me a price about the same as Lindsay, but with less being done. Additionally, they charged $100 more for an alignment than Lindsay, so obviously I went with Lindsay.
To me details tell me a lot about the service department and my little test once was to see if Lindsay Lexus Service would notice that a stem cap for one of my tires was missing and replace it. They did. Okay, so maybe I'm easily pleased, but still....

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I ordered mine via Pohanka. I was quoted almost 4k more when I went to the dealership in person than when I did the shopping online. I had no problems w/the buying process, but i've had a few issues w/their service dept.

I also think a few guys up in MD are gettin' good service from the Rockville Lexus, but i've never been.

·
Registered
277 Posts
pohanka pretty good!

Got my '01 MSM at Pohanka right when they came out and I think I got jacked a little on the price (33K out the door) but I wanted it bad so I guess it's my fault for not shopping around.
Very nice facility and the service department has been pretty darn good. No real complaints. They open at like 6:00am and stay open until 9:00pm and that's been really convenient!
Just wish they could do something about my damn brakes squeaking so much. They just keep telling me that the pads are metal or something like that and they are just going to squeak nothing they can do about it.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Pohanka visit today

Just after I give Pohanka a glowing review they tell me today that it will cost me $56 to patch a friggin hole in my tire from a nail. That seems absurd!! Turns out they can't patch it because it is on the sidewall. They did charge me $36 to turn the full-size spare in the correct direction on the rim. In case any of you didn't know (I sure didn't) our tires are "directional" tires which means they must be installed facing a certain direction because of the tread and there are arrows on each tire indicating which way. By default the spare is made to be installed on the right side of the car. Unfortunately the front left was the one with the nail in it so they had to remove the tire from the rim and put it back on facing the correct direction.
Just thought I'd pass that along. Sorry for those who already know this.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Wino_II said:
Lexus of Rockville is awesome! A+ service and great staff!
I can't disagree more. Rockville is the one that replied "What do you mean? The price is on the window" when I asked how much they were selling the IS for. Damn mofo..trying to take me as a fool :pissed:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Give the sales manager at Ray Catena Lexus in NJ a call. I was able to save about 2k when I bought my IS back in '02. Well worth the 200 mile drive up north.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Not sure of the name and I know it's a bit of a drive, but when I was in college in Annapolis, MD, I was sure I saw a Lexus dealer there. Might be worth a shot.

·
Registered
40 Posts
When I first got my used 2001 IS at the end of June, the under carriage was hitting the ground at high speeds. I took it to the silver spring dealer and the guy scheduled me to come in on Monday afternoon (I went in on a thursday). I called the 1800lexus -usa.. or usa-lexus.. whatever it is... and told the customer service rep, and he told me I could just have lexus arrange for a rental car if they couldn't fix it ASAP. I called LExus Silver spring and told them this (spoke with a byron) and he worked me in the next morning (a friday).

Though I was a little unhappy that the guy wasn't too cooperative who I met at the store, I Was happy with Byron who worked me in the next morning.

Good experience there I think.

Shahryar

·
Registered
21 Posts
I got my IS at Pohanka last fall. If John Jarabek is still there he was a solid guy to deal with. Got me into a pre-owned with low milage and in my price range. We worked the financing and I was out the door. I've had great dealings with service too. All said and done I've been happy with pohanka.

Just to reply to someone elses note about tires...directional tires depend on what kind of tire you have on the car. I had Dunlops on for a while that were directional and I have yokohama's on there now that aren't. I think the stock Potenza's aren't directional.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just bought a 2003 silver 5 speed for $29400 from Pohanka Lexus in Chantilly. I liked them a lot because I am a college new-grad and they still treated me great. I called up and they had a 5 speed and an automatic waiting for me to test drive. When I went out on the drive, I spun the rear wheels when I launched it and chirped them going from 1st to 2nd and the salesman didn't even bat an eye. After that, I got their best financing and the financial guy told me straight out that he'd love to sell me gap insurance (I asked about it), but he said that due to the size of my down payment, it wouldn't be worth it. Finally, they have a policy where if you don't have any warranty claims, they'll refund the amount of your extended warranty.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts