Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a 5 speed is300 with 120k miles and everything basically still stock. The dude is asking 6500 and I just want to know (been saving since I was 16 lmao) go for it because it's a crazy deal or hold off and wait.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Seems a bit high, but it looks like you are in Cali (that Mexican fan palm trunk gives it away, they will only grow in Cali, Florida, and Arizona). I know prices are more out West. Anyhow, if it’s unmolested and needs nothing (the timing belt is a 600-800$ job if you can’t do it yourself), then it’s not a terrible price but not a great deal IMO either. I’d see what they’re actually selling for in your area and not asking, and like Fractional said go check it out in person.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seems a bit high, but it looks like you are in Cali (that Mexican fan palm trunk gives it away, they will only grow in Cali, Florida, and Arizona). I know prices are more out West. Anyhow, if it’s unmolested and needs nothing (the timing belt is a 600-800$ job if you can’t do it yourself), then it’s not a terrible price but not a great deal IMO either. I’d see what they’re actually selling for in your area and not asking, and like Fractional said go check it out in person.
Florida lol i'm in atl and that's usually what i see em at

·
Registered
186 Posts
It was hard to tell/get the history of the car. How many folks have had it and moded. It had all the standard maintenance/common failure items still needing to be done. It appeared that mods took priority over maintenance. I think it should be the other way around. Do I think its a bad deal, no, but its not great as I look for reliability 1st and foremost.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts