Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Houston, Texas and my local dealer is willing to sell me a new IS300 at $31,500.00 + TT&L. The dealer is not willing to go any lower. I feel it's a good price, but I also feel if I buy now, I will regret not waiting for full leather; manual shift; different colors; option of VSC and etc. I am also somewhat interested in the Jaguar X-type. Since the official pricing has been released and I can get a nicely loaded X-type for 36K. I am willing to spend up to 37K for a "new" car, I'm just unsure of what to buy. Should I buy now or wait a few months. Keeping in mind whatever I buy now, will only be temporary, until the new Nissan Z is released. What to do?

·
Registered
231 Posts
This is a pretty good price and the dealer really doesn't have anymore room to move on it. The very low prices of the previous months may be a thing of the past. Lexus ended the $1000 cash back to dealers this month. So we probably won't be seeing any IS's leaving the lots for much less than $31,500 or $31,750. Just so you know that this is a good deal, I get mine today and I paid $31,400....and my cousin is the sales manager.

·
Registered
16,944 Posts
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE DEALER WILL GET THE 1000$ cash deal again??

David

·
Registered
16,944 Posts
just to let u know , the lowest i can find so far is , 34,100 out the door here in San jose, and thats not a fully loaded car, last month the lowest for a fully loaded here was 33,096.12 and added lojack for 495$ in that price.

·
Registered
231 Posts
There is never any telling what the incentives will be from month to month. In fact the dealers don't even know until the first of the month. Basically, manufacturer don't want delaers to hold back deals because they may make different profit margins the follwing week. However, it doesn't look like the $1000 cash back will be offered for a while. The incentive was designed to stimulate slow IS sales during the winter. Sales began slower than Lexus had expected. However, the lease deal is still in effect, but not sure for how long.

·
Registered
98 Posts
try calling VICKIE at LEXUS of WESTMINISTER in westminister Cali. she emailed a deal just under $30K + tax and lic, fully loaded is what she was claiming.

The best way to make a deal is by asking to see the invoice, if they dont let you see this they are a bad dealer and you should go somewhere else. $700 to $1000 over invoice for a LEX IS300.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Originally posted by pierceman:
[QB]try calling VICKIE at LEXUS of WESTMINISTER in westminister Cali. she emailed a deal just under $30K + tax and lic, fully loaded is what she was claiming.

The best way to make a deal is by asking to see the invoice, if they dont let you see this they are a bad dealer and you should go somewhere else. $700 to $1000 over invoice for a LEX IS300 is a good deal.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Originally posted by is300soon:
just to let u know , the lowest i can find so far is , 34,100 out the door here in San jose, and thats not a fully loaded car, last month the lowest for a fully loaded here was 33,096.12 and added lojack for 495$ in that price.
Hey Man .. 34,000 OUCH! .. I think my dad got mine for around 31, 30 .. go to Concord Lexus! .. there great and really work with you, My dad thinks the sales guy is the best! .. My dad is looking into buying more cars from Concord Lexus in the future.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just took delivery of a $34,6?? IS300 for $31,140 in Naperville, IL. I think you can do better on price. Keep looking.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
at 31.5k..u would have around 5.5k left from the money you're willing to spend..save up another grand..and turbo it...see how many manual IS300s you can smoke

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to everyone for your posts. The dealer is willing to sell me a $34,160.00 car for $31,500.00. I believe the dealer can do better, but just not willing to go any lower. I been by the dealership at least once a week for the past month and a half and several of the IS's on the lot have been there for a month or more. And the salesman told me that the IS's are not moving as fast as they would like. Check this site out. They give you the MSRP price, Invoice price, and True Market Value price. I find it very interesting and hope it to be helpful. Oh yeah, be sure to click on the "Price This Vehicle With Options" button. Edmonds
Edmonds

[ May 09, 2001: Message edited by: Chase ]

·
Registered
16,944 Posts
[QB]try calling VICKIE at LEXUS of WESTMINISTER in westminister Cali. she emailed a deal just under $30K + tax and lic, fully loaded is what she was claiming.

The best way to make a deal is by asking to see the invoice, if they dont let you see this they are a bad dealer and you should go somewhere else. $700 to $1000 over invoice for a LEX IS300 is a good deal.
When did she send u that email??

I was going to buy from her on 4/30 and she was gone, so i called on the 1st and she said sorry i cant help u now!!!

Im pissed and any info on ur email will help me, per Lexus HQ

·
Registered
16,944 Posts
My deal is in my mind for good.....

she quoted 33,096.12 out the door with lojack for a fully loaded is300!!!!!1

Im so pissed again!!!
Can u send me a copy of the email pleaseeeeeee

·
Registered
113 Posts
Originally posted by is300soon:
My deal is in my mind for good.....

she quoted 33,096.12 out the door with lojack for a fully loaded is300!!!!!1

Im so pissed again!!!
Can u send me a copy of the email pleaseeeeeee
So you still haven't got your IS yet...May be you should wait for the 02' model ...

·
Registered
16,944 Posts
Dude i am ready to buy now!!!!

I have the 12k for the down and the loan is done also!!!!

Vicki focked me bad

·
Registered
6,282 Posts
Not that this makes a difference, but I just purchased my 02 for 30,305.00. That was 500 under the invoice. Got mine from Sterling McCall Lexus in Houston. You can PM me for any details.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
HoustonGGP said:
Not that this makes a difference, but I just purchased my 02 for 30,305.00. That was 500 under the invoice. Got mine from Sterling McCall Lexus in Houston. You can PM me for any details.
are you aware that you are about 7 months late to this topic

·
Registered
277 Posts
IS vs X-type

In the recent issue of Road & Track the long term test of the Jaguar X-type noted several problems they encountered with the car. The thing overheated on two different occasions and had to be towed back to the dealership for signficant repairs. Just wait til that warranty runs out!!
They've got a pretty bad reputation as high maintenance cars for a reason.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
15 Participants
Altezza3456
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing