were reserved for the burgundy double-knit
pants, white shoe crowd (read Cadillac and
Lincoln Town Car). Sorry if I stepped on any
toes...just my expressing my not-so-humble
opinion.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Well I agree, the gold package wouldn't look right on the IS300. However, I do think the gold package looks ok on the SC400 and LS400 in the darker colors (black and Green especially)... I Don't have the gold package on my cinnabar GS400. I personally think it's gaudy.
Eric....

·
Registered
978 Posts
I actually do like the gold package (although I DON'T like the price
) and I think it does look nice depending on what body color it goes with. Like I think it would look sweet on a white or even Spectra Blue IS. But I see your point how some people could perceive it as "pimp" or "gaudy".

·
Registered
978 Posts
Geez, I would just pity the owner who sports a Lexus emblem that colored in or puts a "Type R" emblem on. I really doubt it though since the IS is well above the class of all those kiddies driving around in their "modded" Civics.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Don't think that people won't snicker at you if you opt for the gold package just as someone would at a new Corvette or Z28 driver.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I dont have anything against gold package, i think it would look nice on a blue or white IS too as spectra said. Maybe black too. $400 is rediculas for it though.

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Actually, I *have* seen that...it was a Lexus "L" with the space filled in red on a riced SC.

Originally posted by Spectra300:
what would you guys/girls think if someone came out with colored "L". something like what colored "H" & "A".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts