Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
read the post on how to remove the lenses... I feel confident that I can do this.

Here is my delima...

I am going to paint the inside yellow to match my car...

I like the dull look inside the housing, don't know what clear coat (shiny)would look like....

Whada y'all think?

Chris

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I personally think either way you go (Flat vs. Shiny) it will look good. I had mine painted Auburn Sky and have a more dull than shiny finish which I like. However, I have seen it both ways. Many Ferarri's have the shiny finish on the headlights which looks good too. It's a matter of personal preference and you won't go wrong either way. 8)

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I forgot to add... I would highly recommend LCA575 to do your headlight painting job. The lens removal is very tricky and is extremely easy to f*ck up. He has a good turnaround on the lights and they have a very professional look and finish to them. You can PM him for details.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
:x :x :x
Damn, I was hoping someone wasn't going to ask me that...
Your answer, no, I do not have any pics yet. Every time I wash my car I have meant to take some pics, but since I'm away from home up in Austin, I do not have access to a digital camera as easy. I have tried taking pics at night under a parking lot with VVTIS one night but they didn't turn out as expected. Whenever I get a chance DURING THE DAY, I will definitely post some pics. :D :D :D

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Hey Auburn, don't you have a pic of when they were off your car before the install? I remember seeing them there.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1 - 13 of 13 Posts