Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a used PLP kit w/ the powerdyne blower...I tried searching a Emanage EMS topic, but did not find any.

I came from a 300WHP acura 3.2CL-s 6 speed ~ EVOVIII and now the IS

My goal for this setup is "reliability"...I am not looking for HP numbers, just want alittle boost.

How does this kit run in general...the original owner of the kit has an upgraded 7th 750CC fuel injector and a 255 fuel pump....

I will be running @ 7psi w/ stock cat, with a Toyomoto y pipe and a HKS catback...

Does any one know any good tuners for Emanage in the NYC area>?

Just want some reliable power...

Any input is much appreciated...

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
your cats wont last, and get rid of the 7th injector. i, from personal experience, would recommend a couple other things. get your hands on a set of na supra injectors 330's and swap them in. dont use the split second injector, if it doesnt hit when its supposed to at 2psi, and your stock injectors hit the max, you will go lean, and boom. trust me on this one, if anybody on here knows it would be me or edgy, and edgy will back me all the way. i would also recommend not using the ignition controlling of the greddy emanage blue as for some reason, for me it was faulty every time causing crazy advances, and serious issues. i know you cannot retard the timing without it, but if you put the 330's in there, you will be fine, and make sure you go one step colder on the plugs. let the greddy modify the signal for the mass air flow, and thats it. or go standalone. i truly believe these are your only two options. i sold my kit, and threw in a set of 440's with it to the buyer, just so that he wouldnt run into the same problems i did. i was running 12psi, and was at 392rwhp. stock fuel pump, 330's, fully built, stage 3 cams, and a ton of other work, but i though of my car as quite impressive for the boost it had. it shifted so fast it tore belts out of the charger every time. i had to go to 10psi just to stop the blower from poping every time i ran it. i sold it with a brand new rebuild and i trust that afterr the 6 times i rebuilt it, i gave my customer and fellow my.is member a screaming good deal when he made his purchase.

good luck

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
u wont get to 300whp without headers...from what ive read around here u will scrape 300whp with all the basic bolt-ons. For higher power u gotta tap into the engine and go crazy like Rialto mike in which case ur just building for turbo.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
your cats wont last, and get rid of the 7th injector. i, from personal experience, would recommend a couple other things. get your hands on a set of na supra injectors 330's and swap them in. dont use the split second injector, if it doesnt hit when its supposed to at 2psi, and your stock injectors hit the max, you will go lean, and boom. trust me on this one, if anybody on here knows it would be me or edgy, and edgy will back me all the way. i would also recommend not using the ignition controlling of the greddy emanage blue as for some reason, for me it was faulty every time causing crazy advances, and serious issues. i know you cannot retard the timing without it, but if you put the 330's in there, you will be fine, and make sure you go one step colder on the plugs. let the greddy modify the signal for the mass air flow, and thats it. or go standalone. i truly believe these are your only two options. i sold my kit, and threw in a set of 440's with it to the buyer, just so that he wouldnt run into the same problems i did. i was running 12psi, and was at 392rwhp. stock fuel pump, 330's, fully built, stage 3 cams, and a ton of other work, but i though of my car as quite impressive for the boost it had. it shifted so fast it tore belts out of the charger every time. i had to go to 10psi just to stop the blower from poping every time i ran it. i sold it with a brand new rebuild and i trust that afterr the 6 times i rebuilt it, i gave my customer and fellow my.is member a screaming good deal when he made his purchase.

good luck
392 rwhp is crazy...which is probably why you ran the 440 injectors...I'm just looking forthe stock boost the kit puts out...Would i still need the supra injectors? I thought PLP made the kit with the 7th injector to improve crusing driveability...
I'm just going for reliability and moderate gains...maybe 250rwhp or something...Because my GF will be driving the car too. Hence th reason why its an AUTO lol..

So will i still need the440 injectors for 250 whp ?
are the supra injectors plug and play? or are there harness modifications needed.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
OE injectors have been taken to that HP, but the Supra injectors can be had for so cheap, and are a drop in, PNP mod so might as well go with them.

Auxiliary injector setups have been loathed here. Like many a mod, if its not done right, it gets a bad rep. 7th injector setups in the Tacoma world are all the rave, and Tony the Tiger uses a 7th and 8th injector in his sick EMU IS300 setup (and now upgraded the primaries too). Back in PLP's day, I can see why they used a 7th, as the only piggy backs available at the time altered the MAF signal to tune for fuel, and that is mule on newer cars. This is URD's reasoning with doing 7th injector setups for the 3.4, it makes tuning much easier than swapping the 6 primary injectors and tuning via MAF. One of a few key differences is the Tacoma does not need it's MAF clamped, it takes the extra flow like a champ. Tuning with the IS, you need to clamp the MAF, and tuning every cel in the map post clamp takes special attention.

With the newer piggybacks like the FIC and EMU, you might as well upgrade the primaries as those piggies make tuning for larger injectors cake.

IMO after reading Rialto's experience with the Emanage Blue's timing control [maybe just that unit?] (and Tony the Tigers positive review of moderate timing control with the EMU), you should sell the fuel/Blue setup and go EMU w/ Supra 330cc injectors (or if your feeling $$ frisky, get drop in 420cc or 7mgte 440cc w/ resistor mod), one or two step colder plugs and call it a day.

·
Premium Member
4,435 Posts
ill be running a turboeast stage 3 kit here in the near future and i will be at 13psi. I have the EMU and 525cc injectors and pretty much everything else needed. I will upgrade to the stage 3 cams aswell. I am in the same boat as you but i ditched the Emanage Blue and the 7th injector setup.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OE injectors have been taken to that HP, but the Supra injectors can be had for so cheap, and are a drop in, PNP mod so might as well go with them.

Auxiliary injector setups have been loathed here. Like many a mod, if its not done right, it gets a bad rep. 7th injector setups in the Tacoma world are all the rave, and Tony the Tiger uses a 7th and 8th injector in his sick EMU IS300 setup (and now upgraded the primaries too). Back in PLP's day, I can see why they used a 7th, as the only piggy backs available at the time altered the MAF signal to tune for fuel, and that is mule on newer cars. This is URD's reasoning with doing 7th injector setups for the 3.4, it makes tuning much easier than swapping the 6 primary injectors and tuning via MAF. One of a few key differences is the Tacoma does not need it's MAF clamped, it takes the extra flow like a champ. Tuning with the IS, you need to clamp the MAF, and tuning every cel in the map post clamp takes special attention.

With the newer piggybacks like the FIC and EMU, you might as well upgrade the primaries as those piggies make tuning for larger injectors cake.

IMO after reading Rialto's experience with the Emanage Blue's timing control [maybe just that unit?] (and Tony the Tigers positive review of moderate timing control with the EMU), you should sell the fuel/Blue setup and go EMU w/ Supra 330cc injectors (or if your feeling $$ frisky, get drop in 420cc or 7mgte 440cc w/ resistor mod), one or two step colder plugs and call it a day.
So basically if I run the emanage Blue and 7th injector; my car will not run right?

I'm trying to be cost effective...

I can't use the emanage blue with the supra injectors?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.