Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately I have been drinking way too much coffee. I never imagined that I would become dependant on such a silly thing. I used to make fun of my grandma for drinking so much of that warm delicious liquid in the morning. Now I am admitting it; I am addicted to coffee. I knew I had a problem with I started getting the shakes, and when co-workers were like "stop moving", I replied I'm not moving. Sad.

So the last three days, I stopped drinking coffee. I replaced my coffee habit with sweet, sweet hot cocoa. I’ve been trying to get some other co-workers to drink the cocoa, I have been pegged "the cocoa pimp". This shit is good folks. I am now in a constant "stuper" without that dark sweet java. sigh.

I am almost as lame as this post.

·
Registered
18,609 Posts
I usually have a cup in the morning, but no more than that. Sometimes I drink it at night, but it's decaff. Why not just drink decaff? The sugar in that hot cocoa will give you just as many shakes.

·
Chocolate Goodness
34,363 Posts
fortyounce said:
Lately I have been drinking way too much coffee. I never imagined that I would become dependant on such a silly thing. I used to make fun of my grandma for drinking so much of that warm delicious liquid in the morning. Now I am admitting it; I am addicted to coffee. I knew I had a problem with I started getting the shakes, and when co-workers were like "stop moving", I replied I'm not moving. Sad.

So the last three days, I stopped drinking coffee. I replaced my coffee habit with sweet, sweet hot cocoa. I’ve been trying to get some other co-workers to drink the cocoa, I have been pegged "the cocoa pimp". This shit is good folks. I am now in a constant "stuper" without that dark sweet java. sigh.

If by "almost" you meant "exactly", then yes, you are almost as lame as your post.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I dont drink Coffee.......never did never will, i hate it. BUt a good replacement for coffee is Tea or Coco... whch is quite good to drink in the mroning... espceially cold ones like today its like 29 degrees in NY!!! That could keep ya warm a bit. :chill:

·
Registered
18,609 Posts
Shopsey'IS300 said:
I dont drink Coffee.......never did never will, i hate it. BUt a good replacement for coffee is Tea or Coco... whch is quite good to drink in the mroning... espceially cold ones like today its like 29 degrees in NY!!! That could keep ya warm a bit. :chill:
It's 18 degrees here man. :whine:

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
I usually have a cup in the morning. I dont really like it, cuz it makes me jittery and gives me the shakes. I wouldn't have any problem going without, I guess I just drink it cuz its there.

·
Chocolate Goodness
34,363 Posts
webguyIS said:
Shopsey'IS300 said:
78 here. 8)

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Trovador said:
webguyIS said:
Shopsey'IS300 said:
78 here. 8)

22 here (NJ)

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Trovador said:
fortyounce said:

If by "almost" you meant "exactly", then yes, you are almost as lame as your post.
yes, you are correct.

·
Registered
15,585 Posts
To stop drinking coffee, start drinking lots of water. When people feel run-down they usually go for coffee for the caffeine, but dehydration can make you feel tired too. So a simple glass of water can perk you back up. I would recommend drinking lots of water during the day.

I do have coffee now and then, but its because I like the taste, not because I feel I need the pick me up.

And believe me, I used to have 3 cups of coffee a day to survive.

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
1) where in NJ are you?
2) how many cups/day were you at?
3) chocolate has xanthenes in it; caffeine is also a xanthene.
4) any crushing headaches yet? :lol:

·
Chocolate Goodness
34,363 Posts
HoustonLex said:
To stop drinking coffee, start drinking lots of water. When people feel run-down they usually go for coffee for the caffeine, but dehydration can make you feel tired too. So a simple glass of water can perk you back up. I would recommend drinking lots of water during the day.

I do have coffee now and then, but its because I like the taste, not because I feel I need the pick me up.

And believe me, I used to have 3 cups of coffee a day to survive.
I was drinking way too much water per day, but it's all good now, I will try coffee as a substitute. Thanks.

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
I'm hooked on drinking strawberry wine from a leather boot. I just cant seem to kick the habit.

·
Chocolate Goodness
34,363 Posts
DJPoop said:
I'm hooked on drinking strawberry wine from a leather boot. I just cant seem to kick the habit.
Each time you do it, shove the heel of the boot up your ass. With time, every time you see a strawberry, your ass will hurt. Natural body deffense mechanism.

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
Trovador said:
DJPoop said:
Each time you do it, shove the heel of the boot up your ass. With time, every time you see a strawberry, your ass will hurt. Natural body deffense mechanism.
That would be a great idea, but a "boot" is actually a kidney shaped leather canteen with a shoulder strap. I'll see what I can do though.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
my friend is addicted to Coke.( not the snorting kind you fools, like pepsi) anyway if he didn't drink a can of coke in the morning he would have a migraine the whole day! it was weird. don't know what happened to him though, oh well

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Geeze, talk about addictive personalities. :eek:
Stop thinking about it. And go to the gym- i find that its harder for ME to do things that are bad for your body when you are trying very hard to stay in shape.,, did you know that coffee promotes the storage of body fat? It sounds to me like you are just getting addicted to chocolate now,, but at least its not as bad as coffee. Good luck with it!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
12 Participants
fortyounce
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing