Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
k my bro is building his car for boost. he wants somewhere around 400rwhp. he has tt pistons rings and rods,he has a turbonetics kit. my question is it has 115k miles on it should the head be rebuilt before he goes boost, or could it wait for six months to a year so he could get some more funds ready.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
k my bro is building his car for boost. he wants somewhere around 400rwhp. he has tt pistons rings and rods,he has a turbonetics kit. my question is it has 115k miles on it should the head be rebuilt before he goes boost, or could it wait for six months to a year so he could get some more funds ready.
Why do you have concerns about the Head? There is no magic mileage that a Head becomes unserviceable. Unless you are running very hi RPMs, the only thing that might need to be done is a valve shim adjustment.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
possibly might want to replace the valvestem seals too and valve cover gaskets.......otherwise, should be good, the valvetrain will hold just fine....

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey thanks for the input. i was pretty sure that it would be fine but i just wanted to get a few opinions:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts