1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
207 Posts
Define "better Alpine option" as the products you listed are all entry level products. You can go with the Type R's which I tend to like more, or there are the Type X's which are more pricey than the R's but I don't like the way they sound. If you are just trying to get away with spending as little money as possible yet get some pretty decent gear, than the Type S's are a pretty good bang for the buck, but so are the Type R's, they just cost a little more.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much more are the type R's

Better option's, as in like better apline speakers, you answered my question with the type r's and x's.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
The type S speakers should fit, you may just have to make a spacer so the magnets don't hit the bar in the trunk. The type r's will probably not fit, as they have a rather large magnet.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well that makes my choice quite easy, thanks! You guys rule!

·
Registered
150 Posts
A better option would to get some infinity kappa's off ebay NEW.

There a ton of wholesalers on ebay selling infinity stuff, and they are damn cheap on ebay. My local dealer calls them "grey market" or "counterfiet" products, but i've bought 4 sets of infinity speakers and they all sounded and looked as good as the retail ones i own.

I just got a pair of Perfects and installed them in my friends accord, $220 on ebay new, while i got mine for 499 at the local shop.

·
8,880 Posts
ISpimpin said:
And just makeing sure they fit before I do so :) And to make sure theres not a better alpine option out there. Also what amp should I get with this set up... That is if this even fits :blush:

Rear Deck: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-qfa8wQXSWyt/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=52000&I=500SPS170A

Front: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-qfa8wQXSWyt/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=76400&I=500SPS171A
I have tried both of those speakers (not in IS!) and can tell you they're nothing too special. The 6 1/2 set that has the tweeter stacked doesn't even come with an x-over. It's setup the same way as stock front speakers are.

Infinity Kappas I have in the IS are much better, IMO.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
WOW, I just got done installing Infinity Kappa Perfect components and Kappa series 6x9 in the rear; amazing. I am really blown away.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts