Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BLASPHEMY!!

:eek:

Damn you John Schuerholz!! At least show the man some respect and say from the beginning that signing him would be difficult, we only have this much, blah blah blah, instead you treated him like shit, a man who pitched here for 16 years, and now he's probably going to win his 300th with a freaking Mets uniform on!! :pissed:

·
Registered
20,030 Posts
negreenfield said:
BLASPHEMY!!

:eek:

Damn you John Schuerholz!! At least show the man some respect and say from the beginning that signing him would be difficult, we only have this much, blah blah blah, instead you treated him like shit, a man who pitched here for 16 years, and now he's probably going to win his 300th with a freaking Mets uniform on!! :pissed:

Hello negreenfield :lol:

How are you?

Philly signs Bell and Thome. The Mets sign Glavine and resigned Leiter during the 2002 season. I wonder if 2003 will be the year when the Braves finally do not win the Eastern division title. The Braves better sign Maddux. There are rumors of Maddux going to Arizona.

I heard that the Braves couldn't afford to sign both Glavine and Maddux.
Glavine wanted a long-term deal but the Braves wanted a short-term deal.
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY :cry:

Take care.

P.S. I wonder if Clemens goes back to Boston.

·
Registered
8,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm doing fine, thanks.

At first when the season was over, I felt we shouldn't pay too much for both of them, and leave no room for anything else. But now that the reality of it has set in seeing him in the Mets uniform, I'm pissed off. I think he would have stayed if the Braves had upped it just a little, they didn't need to meet or beat the offers by either the Phillies or Mets.

At this point, I honestly don't care what happens to them. I could care less if they sign Maddux or not, I'm just pissed the way the organization handled this whole thing. If they truly didn't want Glavine back in the first place, they should have stated how much at the very beginning they were willing to give and stated that it just wasn't possible to go any higher, instead of dicking him around like they did.

I understand that baseball is a business, but I still feel you should have respect for players who have been with your organization for 19 years.

F' the braves is my sentiment right now. :x

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
The Braves have always built their organization by bringing in great young talent year after year.

I'm confident that they'll do it again. Glavine has been solid for a long time, but it's not like he really kicks ass in the post season.

They need to take Glavine's salary and get a new manager.

I don't blame Schuerholz either, I'm sure it's more AOL and their POS stock.

·
Registered
20,030 Posts
Hello negreenfield and ATLDave :lol:

I agree with the both of you. :)

The Braves made a mistake by letting Glavine go, but they need to move on and grab Maddux.

John Smoltz will be a starter again. The Braves has one of the strongest bullpen and they have great young prospects. I still think the Braves will win their division,.............AGAIN!

Like I said, it's all about the money. Look at the A's, they had to trade Billy Koch to Chicago because of,.........MONEY.

It shall be an interesting 2003 season.

Enjoy the weekend guys!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
MY IS300
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing