Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow...I just saw AzNrAcEr's pics of GFM IS350 and now I am torn. I was all set to order a SGM IS350, but GFM does look hot. Anyone want to give me some opinions? Here is where I am torn:

GFM or SGM?

Black or Sterling Interior?

Luxury or Sport Package?

It's awesome getting advice on here, so thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Since I saw the GFM I'm in the same dilema....however I'd go with the black interior and sports package.....

·
Registered
142 Posts
jsk97vmi said:
Since I saw the GFM I'm in the same dilema....however I'd go with the black interior and sports package.....
on the lexus site it shows GFM as a light blue color, however the post with the pics of GFM look amazing! nothing light blue, just a white with nice flakes

·
Registered
390 Posts
The Lexus website doesn't do the color choices any justice. I don't know if anyone has seen the IS-350 brochures, but hopefully the paper copies show more realistic details of the paint.

·
Registered
142 Posts
im lookin at the brochure now and it does GFM a little more justice. however, when you look at it in an angle, it turns ALL light blue. im wondering if thats the case? id like it to just have some flakes, not turn the whole car into something else.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I don't think it's the flake that's turning it light blue - I think there is a layer of blue paint under the pigmented top coat of paint. Sort of like how black acuras look blue in some light because they have a blue layer under the black. I think the flake might actually be silver, but I'd have to see it in person to make sure.

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
Kind of depends on your preferences, assuming neither color had any metallic, which would you like? Those who prefer a lighter than darker color would probably like the GFM over the SGM for those reasons. Personally I like the metallic in the SGM SO much, I'm probably going to be choosing that over the black onyx... and as Picus knows, this is from a guy who's never owned ANYTHING but a black on black colored car. Whichever color you choose, I say go with a darker leather interior, it shows dirt MUCH LESS! :) Good luck and let us know what you decide!

·
Registered
39 Posts
i've seen the SGM in person, it is a very nice color.. looks white when its dark and when the light hits it, the pearl just sets off.

i love this color

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a smoky granite 250 with black leather interior...of course I love it ;) . I've seen the Glacier Frost and think it's nice though it has a bit of bluish hue to it (just like glaciers do!). Personally, I preferred the Tungsten silver color.

The other colors I saw at the dealership was the Desert Sage (blecht) and the Blue Onyx. The Onyx is one sweet color IMHO.

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
WolfpackInCO said:
I have a smoky granite 250 with black leather interior...of course I love it ;) . I've seen the Glacier Frost and think it's nice though it has a bit of bluish hue to it (just like glaciers do!). Personally, I preferred the Tungsten silver color.

The other colors I saw at the dealership was the Desert Sage (blecht) and the Blue Onyx. The Onyx is one sweet color IMHO.
Any pics of your SGM? Ever notice any other colors in your SGM BTW?

·
11,061 Posts
jsk97vmi said:
...however I'd go with the black interior and sports package.....
...with Breakwater Blue. I saw the color at the auto show this weekend. Nothing like the swatches on the web or the brochures...wow. Almost glacier frost, but it looks cooler with the blue undertone. :loveit:

·
Registered
390 Posts
johnnyspagz said:
Wow...I just saw AzNrAcEr's pics of GFM IS350 and now I am torn. I was all set to order a SGM IS350, but GFM does look hot. Anyone want to give me some opinions? Here is where I am torn:

GFM or SGM?

Black or Sterling Interior?

Luxury or Sport Package?

It's awesome getting advice on here, so thanks in advance!!!
I was talking to the dealer today, hopefully i'll have my 350 ordered next week. I was discussing my dilema with SGM and GFM. They told me that the GFM would have a lower resale value than the SGM? Not that it matters....I'll probably end up with what I think looks good, but was wondering if anyone else has heard anything like this?

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
jsk97vmi said:
I was talking to the dealer today, hopefully i'll have my 350 ordered next week. I was discussing my dilema with SGM and GFM. They told me that the GFM would have a lower resale value than the SGM? Not that it matters....I'll probably end up with what I think looks good, but was wondering if anyone else has heard anything like this?

Not that everyone's buying for resale here, but what the dealer says makes sense, cars with any color have less of a market. The staples seem to be black, white, silver/gray or in the SGM's case, a close cousin of black.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts