Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guy. i was talkin with a friend who does a great job with painting flames, and all sorts of fire creations. anyway, i was wondering, does anyone here have Ghost Flames on their car. yea, it might be a stupid idea, but, i thought that would be cool. he told me that they mask off some flame design, and put some metalic flake in some clearcoat, and spray the car...then, when the sun hits it, you can see these ghost like flames. i've seen some on a few cars, but, never any IS. anyway, just wanted to know.

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
lexus84...doesnt have the hood on anymore..maybe he still has it..pm him..its cf

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea, really not what i'm lookin for. more like, one angle, ya can't see them, looks like your everyday car, and when you stand at an angle, ya see these very faint lines like fire.

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
thksdad said:
yea, really not what i'm lookin for. more like, one angle, ya can't see them, looks like your everyday car, and when you stand at an angle, ya see these very faint lines like fire.

oh we all know what it looks like

Tell your dad's friend to go fly a kite or get a mini-truck to jack up

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
thksdad said:
yep...thats it. i think it'd look kinda cool with the ASP color.

:rolleyes:

hmm yeah....

Spend the $$ on something better than making the car look like ass :lol:

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
edgy said:
yo bro tell us al lhow you REALLY feel......

besides flames turn your car into an Infinity...

hahahah :0

:lol: :lol:

Edgy always making me laugh

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
if u like it, do it...most ppl here wont like it...they arent really into those type of mods...mostly sleek, clean exterior mods and go fast stuff

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
I love flames! I do them on everything! Had them on my motorcycles, my mom's RX300, and my work van. However, it doesn't fit the IS, so I stayed away, and I think you should too...

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
I feel bad doing this but I feel like I'm going to have to crack down on thksdad's threads.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Ive seen a picture on a g35 I think with a blonde girl. It seems like the wind was blowing back and her hair flying back was the flame. I thought it looked pretty cool. But with flames by themselves...no thx

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
E12iC46 said:
Ive seen a picture on a g35 I think with a blonde girl. It seems like the wind was blowing back and her hair flying back was the flame. I thought it looked pretty cool. But with flames by themselves...no thx

I think I know the same one, but that has "fire" as the painter would like it to be called :lol:

its HUGE on the west coast show scene etc...

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
IMPRIMIS said:
I think I know the same one, but that has "fire" as the painter would like it to be called :lol:

its HUGE on the west coast show scene etc...
Are those paint jobs or decals? I think those are tight.

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
E12iC46 said:
Are those paint jobs or decals? I think those are tight.

The guy I am thinking of paints fire, and it is a long process (they had a thing on discovery channel one night with him :lol: )

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Not on the IS I jsut painted my car and I was going to put blue pearl tribal flames on the side.........it is a no go for the IS
I just decided to put a solid coat of blue pearl over the white and that turned out sick......

1 - 20 of 32 Posts