Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's been a while since i washed and polished my car and I've never taken any pictures of her so I thought why not. I don't have a camera so bear with the iphone quality pics :)

I bought the car stock and try to work on my car my self, but this is what I've done so far. There are still some minor aesthetic things that need to be fixed, for the most part shes in good condition. I bought the hood and didn't care too much for it, but its starting to grow on me I think haha. Didn't paint my lip yet so thats on the to do list

Don't mind the parking, no one parks in the stall anyways. I had my DRLs disconnected, but I recently I was messing around with them and decided to leave them on for now... until I get bored of them again

Just installed tanabe sustec pros this past week. They are a little softer than I expected. Still good for DD. I'm in the market for some rims, but the stocks still look good for now.

I forgot to take a picture of the back so I'll post it up later. Well, let me know what you guys think. Suggestions or opinions appreciated!!

*Edit*

Here are the pics of the rear

This was my first mod :) safety relocation plate

Here are some pics of my gauge and climate control.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Car looks clean but that hood is horrible and finish up the rest of the kit.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
re locate the horns immediately. it takes one bolt and one nut and about 5 minutes of your time. makes a HUGE difference. clean car. i'm not crazy about the hood or the lip BUT with the right wheel setup i guess you could make it cool. gotta be really aggressive though.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
the hood is well kinda hood, get some paint on that lip and get the rest of the lip, and some wheels mang then itll be bangin LOL

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey thanks for the input. I thought that the hood was a little too aggressive as well, but when i picked up my car the stock hood had alot of bad rock chips and the cf hood ended up for sale for real cheap. I'll probably end up repainting my stock hood and lip at the same time. The side markers and the the fogs I'll probably gonna open them up and paint them black. I've seen some one else on here that had done that too his side markers and looked pretty good. I want to pick up some RAYS 57pros in gold with polished lip, but maybe after the stocks go dead.

I picked up the lip locally from another is3 owner, I got a pretty good deal on it. The grill is my OEM grill dremelled with the Altezza mesh attached.

Were do you guys relocate the horns? I've taken them off before, but just curious if there are any other predrilled holes that I could just bolt them on, if not then I'll try to make something to relocate them.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
im not feeling the altezza emblem. especially with the lexus emblems it just looks ricey, its not an altezza. like everyone said the hood looks out of place but would fit in with a full kit and some nice wheels and stance.

looks without power looks funny, power without suspension is dumb and suspension and power without looks is stealthy.... mod accordingly or get laughed at.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.