Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Whatever they say I am...
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to find some caliper paint(high heat) close to GGP. No luck so far. :( . I was wondering if I could just paint the calipers with Lexus GGP or something close to it, and then spray a high heat clear coat over it to keep the paint from peeling, any thoughts? :)

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
GutterMouth said:
I have been trying to find some caliper paint(high heat) close to GGP. No luck so far. :( . I was wondering if I could just paint the calipers with Lexus GGP or something close to it, and then spray a high heat clear coat over it to keep the paint from peeling, any thoughts? :)

Hmm I would not suggest using the regular paint on that IMO even with a clear coat for high temps

I think it is a lost cause

·
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IMPRIMIS said:
Hmm I would not suggest using the regular paint on that IMO even with a clear coat for high temps

I think it is a lost cause
Thanks...I just dont want to paint my calipers black or red...its been done too many times...The quest continues......

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
GutterMouth said:
Thanks...I just dont want to paint my calipers black or red...its been done too many times...The quest continues......

understandable

Just have to remember, high temp paint was not meant for calipers originally

But if you get GGP and want to try it do it, worse case it just comes off....

·
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IMPRIMIS said:
But if you get GGP and want to try it do it, worse case it just comes off....
True....I found a charcoal grey like color that Dupli makes, its not high heat. I'm gonna give it a try and then spray like 3 coats of the high heat clear coat over it...like you said, worse case it just comes off!!!!!!

Thanks Imprimis :)

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
while we are on the topic...has anyone seen the g2 gold color in person? is it closer to yellow or closer to a bronze type look? im trying to paint mine like that since red is beat to death,,,

ive googled and nothing really productive comes up...

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
JAEohEN said:
while we are on the topic...has anyone seen the g2 gold color in person? is it closer to yellow or closer to a bronze type look? im trying to paint mine like that since red is beat to death,,,

ive googled and nothing really productive comes up...

I am not a fan of G2 that is just me, I like foliatec (limited colors)

But VHT they have spray high temp paint (for engines) in gold...

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
Good luck with the caliper paint project, hope it works out with the GGP color or close to it. ;) Keep us posted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts