Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought my new 05 not to long ago and the ONLY thing I wish I had asked for a swap out on was getting the standard wheels in chrome instead of the normal.

If I wanted to get them chromed about how much do you think it would run, and would there be any sort of performance change as new material is getting added to the currently perfect weighted wheel?

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
mndfreeze said:
So I bought my new 05 not to long ago and the ONLY thing I wish I had asked for a swap out on was getting the standard wheels in chrome instead of the normal.

If I wanted to get them chromed about how much do you think it would run, and would there be any sort of performance change as new material is getting added to the currently perfect weighted wheel?

Contact a sandblaster, and then a chroming/powdercoating place

I have seen 45-60 a wheel

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So its not something I can have done all at one place? Or are you just suggesting it because it might be cheaper?

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
mndfreeze said:
So its not something I can have done all at one place? Or are you just suggesting it because it might be cheaper?

Depends a lot of powdercoaters/chrome places don't do the prep work takes too long and time is $$

·
Whatever they say I am...
2,700 Posts
If you are patient, you might can buy some right here on the forum for maybe cheaper than you can have them dipped.....

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Contact Santa Ana Wheel in Anaheim, Ca... They have an exchange program. Your wheels and $500 in exchange for freshly chrome wheels.

...And before anybody flaps their stupid jaws and says they are knock offs... Go F'k yourself. They are not knockoffs. They take factory wheels, and chrome them, and once they get another set, they chrome those.

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
Flatline IS said:
Contact Santa Ana Wheel in Anaheim, Ca... They have an exchange program. Your wheels and $500 in exchange for freshly chrome wheels.

...And before anybody flaps their stupid jaws and says they are knock offs... Go F'k yourself. They are not knockoffs. They take factory wheels, and chrome them, and once they get another set, they chrome those.
Sounds like a good 1 for 1 deal there :cool:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
anyone know of one in phoenix AZ? my only main concern with those swappers on ebay is peop[le swaping in used wheels in not so perfect condition and me getting chromed over crap.

my IS has 2k miles on it so far and thats it. I'd want only mint wheels :(

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
I had a place in az do repair on my stock wheels and i know they chrome plate there, dont know prices or the name of the place but i have the number, its 602-445-2784 . call them up, they did great work and i saw them dipping some wheels and they looked brand new after.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts