Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
The only way I can see you having problems in the "buying process" is if you want a car that they don't have in stock. Typically a weekday at the end of the month is an excellent time to buy a car - but it has to be a car that the dealer has in stock.

If you've been to the dealer, know the car you want is/will be there, have the money to put down, and get the job, you should have any problem getting a great deal.

I might be wrong, as I'm not that familiar with Lexus dealers..

Hope that helps though.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hey wxup 5 well im kind of in the same boat as you when I wanted to buy a car. With my experience they were very intrigued when they saw that I had a big down payment and that I worked two jobs for about 4 years. An offer that you cant turn away from would be five percent over invoice. I don't know if you would actually be able to achieve this if the dealer knows you really want the car. If he/she knows that you want the car really bad its hard to bargain. Play it cool.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Originally posted by Orkin:
An offer that you cant turn away from would be five percent over invoice.
Hmmm, maybe in Hawaii, but $1500 over invoice (or roughly 5%) is steep for the other 49 states. 2% is more like it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
You'll probably have to pay more in Hawaii but just for reference, I picked my IS up this past Saturday for $200 above invoice. ($30,291 invoice, $34,194 MSRP).

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yes you guys are right about that in hawaii there is only one lexus dealer and it is pretty hard to bargain with these guys. Sorry for the wrong reference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts