Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd share my experiences with gas mileage since owning this car for a month. I've put 3 full tanks of gas in the vehicle and my 'Tank Average' display readouts on the 3 tanks have been the following:

1st tank: 11 L/100 kms (24-25 mpg) imperial gallons
2nd tank: 9.5 L/100 kms (28-29 mpg)
3rd tank: 8.5 L/100 kms (32 mpg)

I have 1400 kms on my IS250 now and am hoping to get better gas mileage with more breakin of the engine. Has anyone done better? Please share your experiences in light of the high prices in fuel these days...

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just went down to Charleston SC from Ontario. The best single tank mileage (cruising at 120kph) was 7.4 l/100km and I even got 8.4 l/100km coming back through the Appalachian Mts - not too bad I'd say.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's darn good IMO. Going down must have been just that 'downhill' and back a bit more uphill... thus the discrepancy. I've noticed the dynamic fuel usage display is at zero when I'm going down a hill and not depressing the accelerator so it is possible to achieve gas mileage that is better than what is posted by the EPA.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gas Mileage Discrepancy

hmm... I just managed 9.0 L/100kms for my previous Tank Average according to the dash computer and yet, when I filled up the tank I put in 55 liters after having travelled 541 kms. Doing the math that works out to 10.1 L/100kms!?? (55 liters divided by 5.41).

Anyone else getting a discrepancy between computer and manual calcs?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have a 2006 is250 and regularly get 405-420 miles per full tank of gas. I reset the trip button on fill up to compare fuel efficiency.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts