Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pick up my new IS tomorrow. However, I won't get my snow tires/wheels for a week or two. Is there anything I can do to make the car better in the snow until I get the winter tires?

·
11,061 Posts
Move to Seattle? (no snow yet...but there's always a chance during the winter...) If it does, I'll take the bus for a day or two. It'll be gone by then.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Lower the pressure in the rear tires to 26-28lbs and put a heavy bag of (sand, salt, concrete mix, etc.) in the trunk. It should not slide around "as much" as without it

·
Registered
150 Posts
put weight on the back. you can buy tubes filled with sand at home improvement stores. they are designed to be put on the back of trucks. or just go with the bags of concrete.

[This message has been edited by paulwu (edited January 04, 2001).]

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
I am in Rochester and getting crap load of snow.. So far I am doing just fine w/ stock goodyear 17". I fish tail & drift a lot, but recovers rather quickly. (years of practice on need for speed 3 & MSR.) Traction control and ABS help a lot too.
suggestions, don't drive too fast, and brake early. you should be fine. (unless you have lots of big hills in your area then you are screwed.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts