Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was one of my happiest days since owning my IS. Today i recieved my signing bonus from the Navy and after much debate i decided to put boost in my car. I talked to Steve today at LMW and he told me he could schedule me in next Thursday and i have it done by Saturday. I decided to go with the LMW Superstreet s/c. I've searched various threads about this kit, some neg. some pos. but i've made my decision. I live in Cali and going to LMW would be a lot easier instead of sending my car out to TurboEast. I also read about Toyomoto s/c and found a lot of people recommend that s/c over the LMW but i guess they don't make them anymore or something like that. I'm still open to suggetions. So if any .netters have any advice or info i should know about please let me know. Like i said i have read numerous threads and it wouldn't hurt to hear a bit more info. TIA for those who reply. The funny thing is i totally didn't expect to recieve my bonus till Nov. but hey i'm not complaining ;) .

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
They still make the Toyomoto supercharger, I believe. I haven't heard much about the LMW s/c kit and having the toyomoto s/c kit myself I am a little biased. But whatever you decide to go with...Enjoy it! Congrats man

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
how much do u get for join navy as a signing bonus? also how long u have to stay minimum once u signed up

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
IMHO once you get boost, you're addicted - I'd look at which one is more upgradeable - I'm more of a Turbo fan for that, but then again it's a debate that I'm not gona start.

Otherwise the LMW s/c is a pretty good deal, so you should be pretty happy with it, and definitely post up some pics!

·
Registered
910 Posts
TeckniX said:
IMHO once you get boost, you're addicted - I'd look at which one is more upgradeable - I'm more of a Turbo fan for that, but then again it's a debate that I'm not gona start.

Otherwise the LMW s/c is a pretty good deal, so you should be pretty happy with it, and definitely post up some pics!
I'll second that, being newly boosted myself i can tell you that more than likely your going to want more power. Look at what can be done to updrage the S/C before you get it installed so that way you know how far you want to go in the future. Also be prepared for all the extras, gauges, wideband, guage pod, wheels and tire, tranny upgrades and that's just to get started.

Sounds like you made your choice, congrats! it's a sweet feelin

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
asukadc said:
how much do u get for join navy as a signing bonus? also how long u have to stay minimum once u signed up
sent PM.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Orangetang21 said:
I'll second that, being newly boosted myself i can tell you that more than likely your going to want more power. Look at what can be done to updrage the S/C before you get it installed so that way you know how far you want to go in the future. Also be prepared for all the extras, gauges, wideband, guage pod, wheels and tire, tranny upgrades and that's just to get started.

Sounds like you made your choice, congrats! it's a sweet feelin
Thanks i took all that into account before i made my decision. But thanks for the reminder. ;) . In regards to the Toyomoto s/c i heard that they are still available but you have to tell them the specific parts you want. I guess it's like custom building your own supercharger but through Toyomoto.

·
Premium Member
13,453 Posts
RanFerr_is300 said:
Thanks i took all that into account before i made my decision. But thanks for the reminder. ;) . In regards to the Toyomoto s/c i heard that they are still available but you have to tell them the specific parts you want. I guess it's like custom building your own supercharger but through Toyomoto.
Who told you that?

2 weeks ago lance still made kits

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Id make a quick correction before diving straight into the LMS sc. I know for fact Lance will ship out a ready to go SC kit and is still making them. I also know for a fact it will run better and faster than the LMS kit. The toyomoto Sc kit is like a stock factory piece of art. Def one of a kind and worth the wait. Take it from someone who dumped ALOT of money into their IS, only looking back to see how many way I could have spent it better.
Just my 2 cents.
-Matt

·
Mr. Negative
12,388 Posts
they still make it at toyomoto, but it's hard to get ahold of Lance at Toyo sometimes.

Either way I'm sure you'll be happy and I know you will enjoy your boost man. Enjoy it wait until you get to drive your car away w/ boost you will love it.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So just to clarify things...Toyomoto still makes S/C?? Bcuz if this is true this changes a lot. From what i heard it's pretty much "unbreakable" and has proven to create more hp than the Superstreet S/C. Can someone please post or pm me contact info. I'm very interested in this kit!!

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
You are correct.
-Matt

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
http://www.toyomoto.com

http://www.toyomoto.com/is300SuperchargerKit.htm

One thing to understand...Lance runs that shop by himself practically. He has one other guy maybe two helping him. So don't get frustrated if you can't get him on the phone right away. Email him and call him but don't go over-board! Believe me with lance Patience is a virtue!!! and it is soooo worth the wait to get that kit. I have it and haven't had a problem since. I wish you the best of luck!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks ItalianLex for the info, i really appreciate. And everyone else as well for the really good advice. Hopefully i can fully make my decision by this weekend. I'm so anxious to get this done. You can't even begin to imagine how i'm feeling right now, out of all my friends my car is the slowest(but nicest). One of my friends has a 02' Turboed RSX Type-S, 99' E36, and a 04' Cobra(This car is a beast has 600+HP will post vids of this car soon) they have no idea about my plans with my car so they will definetly be in for a shock!!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
^^thanks i actually spotted this a while back but i'm kinda skeptical bcuz there seems to be a lot of problems from what i read from the thread. I'd rather buy a brand new one. But thanks for lookin out!!

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
RanFerr_is300 said:
Thanks ItalianLex for the info, i really appreciate. And everyone else as well for the really good advice. Hopefully i can fully make my decision by this weekend. I'm so anxious to get this done. You can't even begin to imagine how i'm feeling right now, out of all my friends my car is the slowest(but nicest). One of my friends has a 02' Turboed RSX Type-S, 99' E36, and a 04' Cobra(This car is a beast has 600+HP will post vids of this car soon) they have no idea about my plans with my car so they will definetly be in for a shock!!
Congrats on choosing boost. I hope you know that even after you s/c your car, it'll still be slowest or maybe barely faster than the E36 (especially with the LMS kit 240whp ish?). Ofcourse you'd have the nicest car as you said.

If speed is what you're looking for and unless you're planning to go high stage s/c kit, for bang for the buck go turbo.... You haven't clearly stated what is your preference ....

Good luck in the Navy.

Charles

1 - 20 of 54 Posts