Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the search, I see many people are getting RAV4 16" x 7" steel rims from toyota dealers for less than 100.00 each

What year RAV4 is that?

Where did you guys get the rims rom?
I called a few, and they quoted me over 100 for each steel rim.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
saltedeggman said:
From the search, I see many people are getting RAV4 16" x 7" steel rims from toyota dealers for less than 100.00 each

What year RAV4 is that?

Thanks
for 100 each ..

i'd get nice 16's from Tirerack which they have for $102-105 per wheel~

I've seen quotes for 55 bucks from an online company for Rav4 16x6.5

Rav4 doesn't have 16x7 ...

·
Registered
145 Posts
saltedeggman said:

What year RAV4 is that?

Thanks

heel, we have a few 16" alloys at $105.00 each ...steelies for $100.00 doesn't make much sense

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
saltedeggman said:

What year RAV4 is that?

Thanks

heel, we have a few 16" alloys at $105.00 each ...steelies for $100.00 doesn't make much sense
my local guy quoted me 50 a pop for steels
better than website that offered for 55+ shipping~ :D

do you think I should order the Arctic Alpines or the BLizzaks ??

New England Weather... ?

thank you luke~

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys

I finally decided and went to discount tires near me (well 15miles). I had them put on a set of 16" steel rims (47.00 each) and a set of 205/55/16 Yokohama Guardex 720 winter tires (101.00 each). The total comes out to be 800.00 with installation and lifetime free balancing and switch over from summer/winter tires. I thought it was pretty steep considering it was only a set of steel rims, but I had to get it done right away because of recent snow storm in the midwest. I also looked at tirerack where they offer some winter packages with alloy wheels for around 850.00 shipped, however, i don't wanna install the tires myself because of the coldness and trouble i have to go through (also i don't have a torque wrench).

Any opinions on the not so good deal i got from Discount Tire?
How about those Yoko winter tires, anybody have experience with them?

Thanks

[edit] also with the winter tires, the handling is much less sensitve then with the bridgstones i had on

1 - 5 of 5 Posts