Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the search, I see many people are getting RAV4 16" x 7" steel rims from toyota dealers for less than 100.00 each

What year RAV4 is that?

Where did you guys get the rims rom?
I called a few, and they quoted me over 100 for each steel rim.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
saltedeggman said:
From the search, I see many people are getting RAV4 16" x 7" steel rims from toyota dealers for less than 100.00 each

What year RAV4 is that?

Thanks
for 100 each ..

i'd get nice 16's from Tirerack which they have for $102-105 per wheel~

I've seen quotes for 55 bucks from an online company for Rav4 16x6.5

Rav4 doesn't have 16x7 ...

·
Registered
145 Posts
saltedeggman said:

What year RAV4 is that?

Thanks

heel, we have a few 16" alloys at $105.00 each ...steelies for $100.00 doesn't make much sense

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
saltedeggman said:

What year RAV4 is that?

Thanks

heel, we have a few 16" alloys at $105.00 each ...steelies for $100.00 doesn't make much sense
my local guy quoted me 50 a pop for steels
better than website that offered for 55+ shipping~ :D

do you think I should order the Arctic Alpines or the BLizzaks ??

New England Weather... ?

thank you luke~

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys

I finally decided and went to discount tires near me (well 15miles). I had them put on a set of 16" steel rims (47.00 each) and a set of 205/55/16 Yokohama Guardex 720 winter tires (101.00 each). The total comes out to be 800.00 with installation and lifetime free balancing and switch over from summer/winter tires. I thought it was pretty steep considering it was only a set of steel rims, but I had to get it done right away because of recent snow storm in the midwest. I also looked at tirerack where they offer some winter packages with alloy wheels for around 850.00 shipped, however, i don't wanna install the tires myself because of the coldness and trouble i have to go through (also i don't have a torque wrench).

Any opinions on the not so good deal i got from Discount Tire?
How about those Yoko winter tires, anybody have experience with them?

Thanks

[edit] also with the winter tires, the handling is much less sensitve then with the bridgstones i had on

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
saltedeggman
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing