Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so right now I dont really have a good set-up.
My stock unit didnt play cds so i just needed a Deck.

Right now I have an Alpine deck, stock 6.5s, Alpine 6x9s, Alpine 360 watt 4 channel amp.

Im thinking about getting
Pioneer d3
phoenix gold 6.5 comps (rsds)
Keeping my 6x9s
I just was given a little infinity 10 inch sub (dont know the ezact model yet)

Im just gonna run the 6x9's off the D3. Can anyone recommend me and decent cheap amp to run the comps and the 10 inch sub? I want to send the 6.5's 100 watts a peice.

I know people say the 6x9's are pointless. But, I usually have people in the backseat so i want to give them a little something.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,398 Posts
Ok so right now I dont really have a good set-up.
My stock unit didnt play cds so i just needed a Deck.

Right now I have an Alpine deck, stock 6.5s, Alpine 6x9s, Alpine 360 watt 4 channel amp.

Im thinking about getting
Pioneer d3
phoenix gold 6.5 comps (rsds)
Keeping my 6x9s
I just was given a little infinity 10 inch sub (dont know the ezact model yet)

Im just gonna run the 6x9's off the D3. Can anyone recommend me and decent cheap amp to run the comps and the 10 inch sub? I want to send the 6.5's 100 watts a peice.

I know people say the 6x9's are pointless. But, I usually have people in the backseat so i want to give them a little something.

Thanks
Define "cheap" and then I can help you out more ;)

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
it's a little more then you said but Alpine PDX4.150. 150wpc to the comps and 300wpc bridged to the sub should be a good setup. I think the PDX series are great amps, good build quality, good sound quality, very efficient (won't tax your charging system) and best of all one of the smallest foot prints around all for a reasonable price. What more could you ask for?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks DHcrocks, ill keep it in mind.

Italyn, i knew youd post lol, by cheap im thinking under 200 (i know that CHEAP!) but i might be thinking used also. As for the sub its a tiny sub so im not sure how many watts it is. But i def want the componets to get at least 150 watts each.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
how about this amp? Hifonics ZXi 8006 - 5-channel, complete system amplifier • Hifonics New Illuminated Heat-Sink • 740 watts total RMS power • 300W RMS sub ch • 110W RMS x 4 ch @ 2 ohms - , Car Amplifiers, Multi-channel Amps - Sonic Electronix
it's a 5ch amp, but you can bridge four the channels into two channels. that's 220Wx2 @4ohms. then the 5th channel will send [email protected] to your sub. all for $199.99

or this amp. Hifonics ZXi 6406 - 85 watts RMS x 4 chan. @ 4 Ohms / 170 watts RMS x 4 chan. @ 2 Ohms / 340 watts x 2 chan. @ 4 Ohms • Bridgeable • Bass Remote • 95 dB - , Car Amplifiers, Multi-channel Amps - Sonic Electronix
which will give you 85watts to each front set of components and bridge channels 3&4 to your sub for 340watts. only $169.99

there are lot of poeple who belive a watt is a watt. spending tons of more money on an amp is useless because they will be driving the same set of speakers. just don't go really cheap and get an audiovox amp. hifonics are solid amps.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Flapperdink, thanks alot man. Thats a great price. Im leaning towards option 1
Anyone have comments of the brand HIFONICS?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts