Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is the getrag 6spd swap a direct bolt on to the IS300's? just make a custom driveshaft?

also are the GS400/430 LSD/Diff stronger than the IS300's or something? i see a lot of peoplewith mmod lists with GS400/430 Diffs

thanks

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
do a little research in the "Go Faster" section, this topic has been covered many times...

you can also try using the search link @ the top right of the page.

...and WELCOME TO My.IS!

·
Registered
698 Posts
is the getrag 6spd swap a direct bolt on to the IS300's? just make a custom driveshaft?

It may bolt on to your bellhousing but you need custom tranny mounts and other stuff so NO it is not a direct bolt on...But i know of someone who did a V160 swap in his garage...

also are the GS400/430 LSD/Diff stronger than the IS300's or something? i see a lot of peoplewith mmod lists with GS400/430 Diffs

GS 400/430 Rear end are used for the lower gearing (3.27?)...Its not a DIY project unless you have bad ass fabricator/welder skills like Jesse James...

Since you are asking these questions, I hope that you arnt planning to DIY, and are planning on hiring somebody with a reputation like SRT or PFS as most people who have these mods are done by them...You realize this aint gonna be cheap either...You probably could buy a used IS for around what its gonna cost to do a V160/GS 430 rear swap...lol

·
Registered
353 Posts
i did a v160 swap in my garage yeah use the search button this topic has been covered a bunch of times any questions pm me

·
Registered
698 Posts
i did a v160 swap in my garage yeah use the search button this topic has been covered a bunch of times any questions pm me
Just wondering, are you N/A or Boosted?..

·
It's 5 o'clock somewhere.
6,017 Posts
This has been covered, please search. To answer the original question....no, there is nothing "bolt on" with the v160 swap. It requires a lot of modifications.

·
Registered
353 Posts
This has been covered, please search. To answer the original question....no, there is nothing "bolt on" with the v160 swap. It requires a lot of modifications.

acc the v 160 is bolt on lol

1 it bolts right up to the 2jzge engine with no bell houseing mod
2 with the sequia drive shaft it is bolt right up
3 with all the srt parts bolts right in

a amature can do it in his garage

1 - 8 of 8 Posts