Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm just wondering if I want to get an IS300, should I get the current edition or wait for next year's model? Which one is more worthwhile? O yeah, I know there's manual tranmission coming out, anything else that make it more worthwhile? Thank you for your time

·
Premium Member
8,072 Posts
Haven't heard the term Yellow Cab since I lived in Japan years ago, but anyway, I'd wait for the 2002 definitely, for one thing you never know what they'll change, plus 1st year models always more problematic, resale will be better, you can avoid a winter (depends on where you live), a lot points to waiting. Plus, the 5 speed manual will probably be a great one, like the IS200 or Toyota Supra.

Originally posted by Yellow Cab:
Hi, I'm just wondering if I want to get an IS300, should I get the current edition or wait for next year's model? Which one is more worthwhile? O yeah, I know there's manual tranmission coming out, anything else that make it more worthwhile? Thank you for your time

·
Registered
571 Posts
if you wait man, you're not alone.
I've been dying to get one since I hopped on this board in July.............it's killin' me, but hey, I must wait for the 5spd!!!!

I'm making sure I have the first white or blue 5sp IS in Knoxville, TN!

·
Registered
613 Posts
These guys are right. Wait. If i would have known how slow this car is (7.6 0-60) than i would have waited for that 5spd. But if you don't plan on rippin through gears and smoking tires than gettin it now would be fine. But than again i don't what changes are to be for the 2002. Nav? Auto up and down on all windows??

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I don't regret getting one (it's a wonderful car), but if you can, wait for the 2002.
From what I've read on this forum, it's definitely getting a 5 speed manual, and other possibilities include:
armrest
navigation system
all auto up/down windows
more wood trim
TRD mods available by then
fewer defects (not that there are many)
and more...
so wait if you can, it'll be worth it!
good luck

black/ivory
17"

·
Registered
272 Posts
I believe it depends on your own preferences. If you enjoy using manual, wait until it comes out. More power, easier to shift and turn at the same time, etc. Or if you're like me where you haven't much practice w/manual, the auto tranny may be better. I like auto because I can shift when I want and not all the time i.e. rush hour traffic, ugh.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts