Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
C'mon peeps. Match up our two resident trolls.

1. Who will win 0-60, 1/4 mile, auto cross
2. Which car would you prefer (if the IS did not exist of coarse)
3. Which car would attract the most hookers
4. Which one has daffodils
5. Which one has orange cones

Feel free to add any other things to the list, good and bad.

Responses...Where's Agent Smith?

Just playin

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Well, it's hard to compare them...they're in seperate categories. The CL is much more spacious, more luxurious, probably has better build quality, sufficient power for daily driving and even occassional sprints, and much better fuel economy than the vette.
On the other hand, the Vette has 345 hp and the same # in torque. It has killer looks, handles on par with an M3, and is super fast.
But it also costs an extra $15K or so.
If the Cl looked a little better and had rwd, it would be the logical choice over the Vette.

black/ivory
17"

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so what of they're in seperate categories. It's ok to compare them, they compare their cars to IS300s al the time on this forum.

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
Outstanding post....

Slut potential> Vette all the way...gets their panties soaked before they even step foot in there...I heard Chevy designed some sort of sponge like apparatus to help with absorbtion

Ugliest Color Selection > CL hands down

Gas mileage> CL S Type - who cares

Most fun to drive > Vette...friend has one damn thing sounds like NASCAR when you stomp on it

Reliability > Acura - so what

Chances of seeing a old bitch driving it > Toss up...

Better Dash > Vette

Better sound > Acura

Better Nav > Acura

Likelihood that the drivers are gay > Toss up...not that there is anything wrong with that

Agent Smith out

·
Registered
262 Posts
The CL and Corvette are both powerful cars but they display it in very different ways. The CL is like Warren Buffett - he's a wealthy and powerful man but he has an understated style and doesn't show off his wealth and power. If you saw him walking around on the street, you'd never guess by looking at him that he was the 3rd richest man in America. Likewise, the CL is a fast car but most people wouldn't know that just by looking at it. The Corvette is like Donald Trump - he is a very powerful man and he loves to show it off. Everyone knows who he is and how wealthy he is. Likewise, everyone in America knows that a corvette is fast.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Originally posted by hasanazhar:
The CL has... much better fuel economy than the vette.
Surprisingly enough, this is not really accurate. Unless you call 1 mpg "much" better.
CL-S: 19/29
Vette: 18/28 (thank you tall gearing and lots of torque
)

The mileage of the Vette is probably one of its more impressive qualities. Ironic, eh? One of the best thing about an all-out sports car is fuel economy?!?!? Go fig!

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Just to correct a minor mistake, the vette has averaged about 19 mpg and in 6th gear on the highway (roadtrips) can easily get 28-30 this is not BS.

It would savage that poor CL-S in any track condition, sorry GEOFF. My car also has 328.2REARwhp and 343.5 TQ. Oh and its a convertible....... VOTE FOR ME!!!!

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Really!?! Then I stand corrected. I thought I read somewhere that the Vette averages 15 mpg in the City and 23 on the highway. Guess I remember wrong.
That's quite impressive for a 5.7L V-8.
But the other points are still valid.

black/ivory
17"

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
Originally posted by wazzup:
slut potential?

I guess Geoff isn't picking up any chics in his car.
How could he? He lives in MI....think of ole' Doug in AZ with those co-eds from UoA and ASU ! Damn...if he doesn't spend his entire summer at Havasu then he is clearly a manlover.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
yeah doug, let's autocross your vette against my cls

while you're at it, wanna go beat the hell outta some third-graders, too?

now my 951 would like to have a chat with you...

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
i have been trying to find pic of my 944 but dont have any digital pics nor can I operate this POS scanner. But either way I have the advantage as I have driven both cars, I think the 951 would definetly give me a run for the money but the ballots on Palm Beach were just too hard to read WAAAAAAAAh, so yeah, I live right by Firebird raceway and I'm sure we could find a gradeschool nearby, bring your numbchucks LMAO

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Originally posted by Doug:
i have been trying to find pic of my 944 but dont have any digital pics nor can I operate this POS scanner. But either way I have the advantage as I have driven both cars, I think the 951 would definetly give me a run for the money but the ballots on Palm Beach were just too hard to read WAAAAAAAAh, so yeah, I live right by Firebird raceway and I'm sure we could find a gradeschool nearby, bring your numbchucks LMAO
the llamas down in Palm Beach suffer from Milkshake Confusion (tm), a common senior citizen malady. the ballots were fine.

and btw, my 951 isn't stock at all.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
But mine was an 89' which means Turbo "S" with the 928 brakes and coil overs and stiffer stabilizer bars, stock hp was 247, it dyno'd 269rwhp (thats 310 at the flywheel baby) after a stage two chipset and K&N cone filtercharger......But here is a flame for ya, I bet I could beat you at autoX in a stock IS with you driving your CL-S HMMMMMMMMMMM WAHAHAHAHAHAA

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Originally posted by hasanazhar:
That's quite impressive for a 5.7L V-8.
In 6th gear at 60mph, RPM is 1500...

------------------
Tony
'01 Spectra Blue
'94 Turbo Miata

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Maybe people don't care about this, but I do wish that IS's overdrive has taller ratio. This is the first automatic ever that has the final gear running at 3K+ rpm when running at 70mph. Maybe Toyota should put a 6 speed auto in there (if such thing exist right now)?

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
hahahha well put agent!!
by the way, does the IS300 comes with the sponge like apparatus to help with absorbtion?

not for soaked panties, but just incase my friend pisses his pants because of my driving.

[This message has been edited by chromaplast (edited November 09, 2000).]

·
Registered
253 Posts
Originally posted by Agent Smith:
Outstanding post....

Slut potential> Vette all the way...gets their panties soaked before they even step foot in there...I heard Chevy designed some sort of sponge like apparatus to help with absorbtion

Ugliest Color Selection > CL hands down

Gas mileage> CL S Type - who cares

Most fun to drive > Vette...friend has one damn thing sounds like NASCAR when you stomp on it

Reliability > Acura - so what

Chances of seeing a old bitch driving it > Toss up...

Better Dash > Vette

Better sound > Acura

Better Nav > Acura

Likelihood that the drivers are gay > Toss up...not that there is anything wrong with that

Agent Smith out

Agent.....you are a trip.
The Seinfeld of our forum!!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts