Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Latex salesman
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow members. Well the day has come that I have finally decided to let go of my baby. It’s been many years of joy doing the research on every single modification all the way down to valve stem covers! Anyway here’s a link to the sale. It’s been a blast my IS brothers.

·
Latex salesman
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2JZGE completely stock with SRT intake. 28,900k

Reactions: Kris OK

·
Latex salesman
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Appreciate guys. I know it will take a special buyer and I have to start somewhere. Love to get $45k. I have the time. Very disappointed that Bring a Trailer would not accept it saying it’s too narrow of a market. They wouldn’t even let it go to auction.

Reactions: Kris OK

·
Latex salesman
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is some crazy money on that site. They get their $ from the buyer so what’s the harm in letting it go to auction. It’s only 7 days. Oh well

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
2,280 Posts
There is some crazy money on that site. They get their $ from the buyer so what’s the harm in letting it go to auction. It’s only 7 days. Oh well
There isn’t anything wrong with posting it for sale on BaT. It’s a very well kept example, however they probably said that the market is small because no one is paying $50k for a is300. Unless, maybe (strong emphasis on maybe) it’s got a GTE swap with 600+WHP that’s extremely tidy with a transmission worth a damn behind it and functioning AC, etc… For 50k there are plenty of other cars to be had.

As I said, I hope you get some of what you’re asking. Hell, realistically getting half of that is worth it IMHO.

·
Latex salesman
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
$50k is a pipe dream and I am not offended if you think I’m crazy. I appreciate the feedback. The whole theme of my car is simple, clean and elegant because it’s a Lexus, a luxury sports car. Every single modification has been meticulously done with that thought in mind. Hopefully I can find the kind of buyer who appreciates that. The thing with BaT is that they could have suggested a price and I did have a reserve on it. At the end of the day I am not giving it away and if I don’t get a reasonable offer I can try an auction or just keep it. Thanks pal

Reactions: TobiasSing

·
Registered
2004 Lexus IS300 NA-T
499 Posts
Good luck. IMO, Someone who pays more than $20k for an IS300 wants either a turbo on it, or it to be completely original. The mods you've done aren't appealing to a car collector who'd pay big dollars.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Very disappointed that Bring a Trailer would not accept it saying it’s too narrow of a market. They wouldn’t even let it go to auction.

There is some crazy money on that site. They get their $ from the buyer so what’s the harm in letting it go to auction. It’s only 7 days.
That is disappointing, and surprising. Doesn't every car on BaT appeal to a "narrow market"? I understand BaT has a pedigree of being conveyors of neat/esoteric/special vehicles to uphold... But I don't see how your machine would undermine that.

Your car looks very well done; I hope you find the right buyer.

·
Registered
2004 Lexus IS300 NA-T
499 Posts
That is disappointing, and surprising. Doesn't every car on BaT appeal to a "narrow market"? I understand BaT has a pedigree of being conveyors of neat/esoteric/special vehicles to uphold... But I don't see how your machine would undermine that.

Your car looks very well done; I hope you find the right buyer.
They don't typically want cars that are heavily modded like this on BaT. My friend has a very tastefully modded Starion and got rejected for the same reason. He should just list it on eBay and advertise around on fb and here. They don't want BaT to start looking like craigslist.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts