Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to order a set of all weather mats, the ones for the Gen2 are a much better design,has anyone tried to see how much these may or may not fit into a Gen 1? The Gen1's just looks so plain...

Reactions: mycalr

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Thats a good question. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to see if anyone says they fit ok and, if they do some pics would be great.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yes they fit. Gen 2 matts fit into Gen 1. The driver side matt covers the trunk and fuel door release handles but they do fit. I have them in my car now

·
Registered
962 Posts
I want to order a set of all weather mats, the ones for the Gen2 are a much better design,has anyone tried to see how much these may or may not fit into a Gen 1? The Gen1's just looks so plain...
they do look plain compared to the ISx50 mats, but they fit as well as the OEM carpet ones.

hmmm i wonder if the ones i bought on ebay are 2nd gen or not... it just says it fits 2001-2005 is300's. but here's the link to the mats that i bought if anybody can tell from the pics.

eBay Motors: LEXUS IS300 GRAY ALL-WEATHER FLOORMATS (item 180192837538 end time Dec-18-07 16:05:52 PST)
i just picked up the same mats, and yes thats what they look like.

Yes they fit. Gen 2 matts fit into Gen 1. The driver side matt covers the trunk and fuel door release handles but they do fit. I have them in my car now
i wouldn't be happy with that kind of fitment. yes they fit okay, but not perfect.

we were discussing this in the canadia forum, and two of the local members run the ISX50 mats in their IS300s.

the trick is to get the ones made for the rear drive versions so IS250 RWD and IS350, as shape of the floor is different because of the transmission tunnel.

here's a link with pictures:
http://my.is/forums/f122/isx50-mats-is300-343627/

they do fit fairly well for the passenger side, and the rears. i'm still not happy with the driver side as it doesn't sit well around the dead pedal area. especially with my car being a 5spd, i'm really finicky about fitment.

Sewell Lexus is selling all OEM mats for 25% off, using the promo code FM07. more details can be found in the following link:

OEM Factory Lexus Floor Mats, All 25% Off Until the End of the Year - Club Lexus Forums

i just got new OEM black carpet mats, and OEM all weather mats in grey cost me 190ish with standard shipping.

for the canadian residents, the dealer option "winter" mats are different in design and i think have deeper grooves and an overall different pattern. but the consensus is that the fitments of the rear mats is not perfect.

Reactions: mycalr

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
^^^Thx for the links to the pics man, that helps a lot. The 2nd gem mats do look good but the fitment would bug me too much so I think I'll have to stick with 1st gen mats.
+rep

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wow- thanks guys! lots of replies by the time i made it back. i'll have to give it a shot and see how it works out! thanks to everyone who replied!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Does anyone have pics of the ISX50 winter floor mats in an IS300?
The ones from this thread don't show anymore...

Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts