Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked at my gearstick when it was in Drive and it appears to lean slightly to the left. Can you guys check this out on your IS 300? If the stick goes straight up or leans slightly to the driver side.

Prbly just paranoia on my side, coz there's no way I could bend that thing!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Cardinal-when you go in for the 1000 mile check up let me know what they say about that "hesitation" I am at 500 miles-what about you?
Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
626 Posts
I went in for my 1k service. Told them about the hesitation.

They drove the car of course " could not duplicate the condition" the service manager told me that the car is not a sports car and we can not expect reaction like a sports car. He did say if the problem persists to bring it back.

Oh well.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Originally posted by croddy:
Cardinal-when you go in for the 1000 mile check up let me know what they say about that "hesitation" I am at 500 miles-what about you?
Thanks
Chris
Croddy, I'm at 800 miles, my appt is on 10/19 (I delayed my appt so I could get a loaner so they could keep it for the day. I'm concerned that they will tell me what they told ISFan - that they can't duplicate the problem).

I will most certainly post the results.

For those who aren't aware this is what we're referring to: the hesitation comes in between 4 and 5K RPMs usually when the tranny is shifting between 3rd or 4th and maybe 4th and 5th gears. Happens both when the car is cold and warm.

------------------
cardinal
'01 Silver/Black
LS, LD, HH, SR, 17"

·
Registered
626 Posts
Cardinal,

I have the same problem. The dealer had my car the entire day. I brought it in the night before.

I had two problems with hesitation. One when I was rolling from a stop and making a turn the car would hesitate before engaging in gear.

The other problem was when I would get on the gas the car would kick ass and take off but then the rpms would roar and the car seemed to not be going anywhere felt like a slipage.

The service advisor told me that I can not expect the car to react like a sports car and that it was a sports sedan. They had the car the entire day and advised they could not duplicate the condition.

Good Luck,

·
Registered
141 Posts
"I had two problems with hesitation. One when I was rolling from a stop and making a turn the car would hesitate before engaging in gear."

Same thing has happened to me. P.S. Most if not all guys at dealerships are idiots.

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Originally posted by disintegration:
"I had two problems with hesitation. One when I was rolling from a stop and making a turn the car would hesitate before engaging in gear."
Yes. I have this problem. Consistently when leaving my house for work at turn + stop sign....

Same thing has happened to me. P.S. Most if not all guys at dealerships are idiots.
This is usually the case, yes.

------------------
Tony
'01 Spectra Blue
'94 Turbo Miata

·
Registered
242 Posts
disintegration and webmaster: perhaps that makes a good case for coming to a *full* and legal stop at the stop sign? Taking off from a dead stop, beginning in first gear, is fine, right?

I haven't seen the other condition. Does it occur in conjunction with lifting off the throttle even the tiniest bit? Or did the TRAC kick in and you missed the dashboard light? I would expect some hesitation or "hunting" in both of those scenarios...

Just a few thoughts - don't take anything personally.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts