1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
608 Posts
I believe he is asking if the GE VVTI and the GTE VVTI cams would be the same. I think they are? Obviously the GTE non VVTI cams are different than the GTE VVTI cams. But Brian Crower doesn't even have VVTI cams listed under 2jz-gte, only GE.

Hopefully someone can chime in here?

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
read the specs leonard listed and go to the link for crower. they are not the same. the car will run slightly differently. they will bolt in the same, and they will fit, but they are not the same thing. you asked, he answered, with proof, and you still asked the question again. listen to the man

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
read the specs leonard listed and go to the link for crower. they are not the same. the car will run slightly differently. they will bolt in the same, and they will fit, but they are not the same thing. you asked, he answered, with proof, and you still asked the question again. listen to the man
well if you look closer at the crower website they don't state anything on the gte vvti cams....unless im blind....

does anyone have any specs on the gte vvit cams?

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
neg rep to you. read leonards freakin post. he posted all the specs for you. u just dont know what you are looking at

·
Registered
608 Posts
neg rep to you. read leonards freakin post. he posted all the specs for you. u just dont know what you are looking at
Neg rep for that? Haha.

Obviously the specs as far as lift and duration of GTE VVTI cams are different from GE VVTI cams, its a turbo motor vs N/A. What he was trying to ask was if the GE VVTI cams are the same as GTE VVTI cams in terms of compatibility, not the same as in lift and duration specs.

Again, I am pretty sure that the GE VVTI cams will bolt into a GTE VVTI head. YES the lift and duration will be different. BUT they will bolt in I believe. Someone else's reassurance would be nice. Preferably not RIALTO MIKE's assurance though.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
oh he did....are you sure?

i must be stupid.....can you prove to me how stupid i really am and post what the specs are for the gte vvti cams....

neg rep lol you make me laugh...personally reputation doesn't mean anything to mean its just of series of numbers that don't mean anything in my eyes....
Neg rep for that? Haha.

Obviously the specs as far as lift and duration of GTE VVTI cams are different from GE VVTI cams, its a turbo motor vs N/A. What he was trying to ask was if the GE VVTI cams are the same as GTE VVTI cams in terms of compatibility, not the same as in lift and duration specs.

Again, I am pretty sure that the GE VVTI cams will bolt into a GTE VVTI head. YES the lift and duration will be different. BUT they will bolt in I believe. Someone else's reassurance would be nice. Preferably not RIALTO MIKE's assurance though.
i know they would fit on either head....i was asking the specs really....
but becareful he might give you a neg rep lmao.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've read here on my.is and supraforums that the exhaust cam/cam gear are the same and the intake cam/cam gear changes.. I haven't ran into specs tho... I'll take a look.. oh and btw, i have no clue why you guys are doubting leonard cause he knows what he's talking about...
no one is doubting him....

i was just asking for the specs for the gte vvti cams....while the other moron keeps saying that he has listed it...he hasn't.....

·
Premium Member
5,336 Posts
no one is doubting him....

i was just asking for the specs for the gte vvti cams....while the other moron keeps saying that he has listed it...he hasn't.....
Post #2, are you fooking kidding me? Jeez.

He assumed that you wanted the vvti cams specs. Then you confused yourself by asking if the GTE stock and GTE vvti (GTE stock doesn't even make sense since GTE vvti are stock) are the same, which he assumed you meant GTE non vvti and GTE vvti, which are not the same.

The specs he gave you in post 2 are vvti specs.

·
Premium Member
20,996 Posts
holy shit this dude gives me a headache. once again for the OP

2JZ-GE Stock Cam: 248/248 200/194 .337/.327 8.56/8.31
2JZ-GTE Stock Cam: 248/248 200/204 .339/.346 8.61/8.79

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
again, taken directly from crower website
2jzgte
Cam # Adv. Dur. Dur @ .050 Lift (in) Lift (mm)
2JZGTE (Toyota Supra ’93-’98) Stock 248°/248° 200°/204° .339"/.346" 8.61/8.79
2JZGE (Lexus IS300) Stock 248°/248° 200°/194° .337"/.327" 8.56/8.31

Bucket Diameter: 1.200"
No valve timing events due to variable intake cam.

yes they will bolt right in no problem i believe. i have heard somewhere that on the ge the cam has 3 reluctors on the intake cam for the cam sensor, i heard that the gte has only 2 reluctors. i would double check that with crower, by calling them. i would not use it as a direct plug and play, you will need something to tune properrly. the is300 ecm is not tuned for that high of lift on the exhaust cam, which is higher valve overlap for the turbo engine. you may actually lose horsepower from that setup without having it tuned or boosted

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Post #2, are you fooking kidding me? Jeez.

He assumed that you wanted the vvti cams specs. Then you confused yourself by asking if the GTE stock and GTE vvti (GTE stock doesn't even make sense since GTE vvti are stock) are the same, which he assumed you meant GTE non vvti and GTE vvti, which are not the same.

The specs he gave you in post 2 are vvti specs.
the specs that were given in post 2...

are for the 2jzge vvti cams and the 2jzgte non vvti cams.....as per crower website....which is where he got them from....

since he posted the gte non-vvti cams specs i assumed he was trying to say they were the same as the gte vvti cams...which is y i followed with my post #3.....

i must be fooking stupid then....cause im not getting what your trying to say....

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
holy shit this dude gives me a headache. once again for the OP

2JZ-GE Stock Cam: 248/248 200/194 .337/.327 8.56/8.31
2JZ-GTE Stock Cam: 248/248 200/204 .339/.346 8.61/8.79
ok you guys are annoying me now....

look at the specs again.....and tell what the gte vvti specs are....

i don't want the gte non-vvti specs which is listed above....

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
your an idiot, i gave you the specs again for the vvti setup. read, or learn how to read. i even gave the description of what all the numbers mean above my post. if you dont know what tey mean, dont work on your own car. your gonna fuck it up

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.